What you'll learn
The Certificate II in Information, Digital Media, and Technology imparts ICT competencies that support the performance of employees across a range of situational contexts. This course is an entry level qualification that provides foundational skills across Information and Communications Technology (ICT) functions that are encountered in virtually any industry.
This program has been created with a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral and trainer developed materials. Vendor training is recognised internationally as an industry benchmark for product specific training. Upskilled uses an online Learning Management System to manage the delivery and assessment of learning resources. The program is conducted over a 12 month period through a blended learning approach of teacher led, distance, and online materials.
Upskilled IT qualifications include detailed learning materials, assessments, online trainer support, and certification upon successful completion.
This qualification utilises many and varied types of learning materials and assessments. These resources are managed and provided through Upskilled’s Learning Management System, MyUpskilled. Access to a Microsoft based Personal Computer and an internet connection is required to complete any Upskilled IT qualification that utilises Microsoft Academy Courses (listed above).
The online e-Learning course addresses the following units of competency from the National ICA11 Information and Communications Technology Training Package. All units must be successfully completed to gain the Certificate II in Information, Digital Media, and Technology.
- BSBOHS201AParticipate in OHS processes
- BSBSUS201AParticipate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- ICAICT201AUse computer operating systems and hardware
- ICAICT202AWork and communicate effectively in an IT environment
- ICAICT203AOperate application software packages
- ICAICT204AOperate a digital media technology package
- ICAWEB201AUse social media tools for collaboration and engagement
- ICAICT205ADesign basic organisational documents using computing packages
- ICASAS202AApply problem-solving techniques to routine IT malfunctions
- ICASAS203AConnect hardware peripherals
- ICAICT209AInteract with ICT clients
- ICASAS204ARecord client support requirements
- ICASAS206ADetect and protect from spam and destructive software
- ICASAS208AMaintain IT equipment and consumables
This course is appropriate for individuals seeking second step certification in the discipline of Information Technology. The articulated outcomes of the certificate are to facilitate the effective use of computers in the workplace at an intermediate level, particularly where ICT functions are supplementary in nature. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include: Office Assistant, Records Assistant, Junior Office support.
About the course provider
This Certificate II in Information, Digital Media, and Technology is delivered by Upskilled.