What you'll learn
The Certificate IV in Business provides superior grounding in the key competencies commonly deployed in clerical roles, and in the administrative and business support sector generally. Participants develop the skills required to oversee an office, undertake informed decision-making across a variety of administrative tasks, and liaise on administrative matters with colleagues.
The Certificate IV in Business is delivered by expert trainers in 6 x full day workshops scheduled across 9 months of this 12 month program. This approach allows students sufficient time between and after workshop completion to undertake self-directed learning, assignments, and out-of-class assessment. Workshops engage participants in active discussion, problem-solving exercises, networking opportunities, and presentations related to the efficient conduct of administrative business operations and procedures.
Participants have the option of undertaking this course online, using Upskilled's customised Learning Management System. The online program is conducted over a 12 month period and employs an approach that blends distance and online education in the management and delivery of learning resources.
Upskilled courses include detailed learning materials, assessments, and certification upon successful completion. Lunch, and other refreshments, are included for classroom courses, while online trainer support is included for online delivery. of undertaking this course online, using Upskilled's customised Learning Management System. The online program is conducted over a 12 month period and employs an approach that blends distance and online education in the management and delivery of learning resources.
The Certificate IV in Business comprises 10 units of competency as identified in the National Business Services Training Package. All units must be successfully completed to attain the certificate.
- BSBWOR501BManage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBMGT402AImplement operational plan
- BSBREL401AEstablish networks
- BSBREL402ABuild client relationships and business networks
- BSBWOR402APromote team effectiveness
- BSBLED401ADevelop team and individuals
- BSBWHS401AImplement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBRSK401AIdentify risk and apply risk management processes
- BSBCUS401BCoordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- BSBCUS402BAddress customer needs
The qualification is appropriate to any role that has an administrative component as part of its ongoing responsibilities, and has great relevance for a very broad range of industry sectors. The capabilities the certificate targets are particularly pertinent for:
- Accounts Supervisors
- Executive Personal Assistants
- Office Administrators
- Project Assistants
- Office Managers
- Individuals aspiring to roles such as these
About the course provider
This Certificate IV in Business is delivered by Upskilled.