Table of Contents
What is SAP?
SAP AG is a German-based company that that produces a range of business management software packages. It is so successful that there are now 75 SAP sales and development branches throughout the world, including Australia. SAP stands for Systems, Applications and Products in Data Processing and some of its most popular software packages include SAP ERP (enterprise resource planning), SAP BW (business warehouse) and SAP BusinessObjects.
SAP products can be applied to three broad categories of business management: business process applications, including Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Financial Management, Human Capital Management, Supply Chain Management and Procurement; business analytics, including Business Intelligence, Enterprise Performance Management and Governance, Risk and Compliance; and technology, including Application Foundation/Integration, Mobility and In-Memory Computing.
The products are also suitable for small business to multinational corporations across a wide range of industries, including banking, media, mining, retail, aerospace, healthcare, telecommunications, insurance, engineering and construction, and chemicals.
Mastering SAP in Australia
Given the diversity of SAP products available, it’s no wonder that there is an equally diverse range of training courses in Australia. After all, payroll managers, human resources experts, financial managers and customer service teams need to get to grips with the systems, and programmers and developers need to learn how to work the backend if they want to refine the SAP software suite.
SAP itself offers a number of online and classroom-based training and certification courses. For example:
- SAP BusinessObjects BI (Business Intelligence) courses.
- SAP CRM (Customer Relationship Management) courses.
- SAP ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) courses; which requires a diverse skillset that includes Financial Accounting, HR, Analytics and Procurement.
- SAP NetWeaver courses.
- SAP Certification courses for CRM, Banking, Human Capital Management & Administration, SAP HANA and Business Intelligence.
Melbourne’s Victoria University offers three SAP and SAP-related postgraduate courses:
- Master of Business (Enterprise Resource Planning Systems) with emphasis on SAP R/3.
- Master of Business (Information Systems and ERP Systems) with an emphasis on SAP R/3.
- Master of Business (ERP Systems)/ MBA with emphasis on SAP R/3.
University of Technology Sydney’s Business School offers a number of SAP training courses and certification courses, including:
- SAP Accounting Information Systems (AIS).
- SAP Enterprise Systems and Business Intelligence (ES/BI).
- SAP short courses in preparation for SAP Association certification.
Brisbane’s Queensland University of Technology offers a couple of SAP short courses, including:
- SAP Certification (TERP10), which provides the grounding for industry certification.
- SAP Training short courses for the ByDesign system, which includes aspects of finance, HR, sales, management and supply chain.
Adelaide’s University of South Australia also offers a couple of SAP courses, including:
- Enterprise Systems using SAP M, which includes introduction to ERP, introduction to SAP, SAP application functionality and modules, CRM, SAP security, and SAP reporting.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) using SAP.
Presence of IT offers a number of SAP training courses in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth on SAP HR, Payroll, and Human Capital Management.
Sydney Institute of ERP specialises in SAP courses, including:
- SAP Financials: Financial Accounting (FI)
- SAP Financials: Management Accounting (CO)
- SAP SCM ERP Procurement (MM)
- SAP SCM Planning and Manufacturing (PP)
- SAP NetWeaver Application Development (ABAP)
- SAP Business Intelligence (BI)
- SAP Business All-in-One
- SAP for Retail
Put Your SAP Training and Education to Work
There are a lot of SAP-related jobs available in Australia; they include relatively cushy consulting jobs and far more technical programming and development jobs. For example:
- SAP HR and Payroll Consultants
- SAP Training Managers
- SAP Project Managers
- SAP Finance Managers
- SAP Retail Managers
- SAP Security Consultants
- SAP FICO Consultants
- SAP Development Specialists
- SAP BASIS Technical Specialists
The opportunities for SAP trained business and IT professionals are growing all the time. Don’t wait to be left behind, sign up for an accredited SAP training or certification course now.