If you are looking to develop advanced IT skills and a career in the computer and network systems engineering industry, this course is your answer.
You will learn design, construction, systems commissioning, and maintenance covering networks, cybersecurity, wireless networking, client-server software, enterprise network administration, computer hardware maintenance, cloud computing, virtualisation, desktop deployment and the Internet of Things.
Major areas of study include PC hardware installation and configuration, operating systems (Windows server, Linux), computer networking LANs, WLANs and WANs, cybersecurity, enterprise network design and infrastructure (Cisco and Microsoft), programming (Python , PHP, MySQL, Windows Scripting and Linux Shell Scripts), Internet of Things, project and quality management, technical leadership, interpersonal and customer communication skills.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Enterprise network administrator
- Network engineer
- Network security manager
- Web systems developer
- Technical project manager
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- East Geelong
Duration Study Load
Full-time: 2 years
The Gordon will utilise Gordon Online, our digital learning management system. Classes will be delivered using audio-visual delivery methods to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation.
- Applicants must be 17 years and over
- Applicants are required to undertake an independent assessment test to ensure they can satisfactorily attain Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3 in both reading and numeracy to apply for a VET Student Loan. To meet the academic requirements for the course, applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
- You will benefit from our strong industry partnerships with CISCO Networking Academy, Microsoft Imagine Academy and Mikrotik.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Written assignments
- Team projects
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)