If you are looking to develop a career in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) industry or pathway to university, this course is your answer. Over two years, this practical and hands-on course covers a broad range of ICT skills and knowledge including knowledge management, business analysis, cloud computing, programming, mobile applications, team project management, web systems, data warehouse, and wireless network security.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Software developer/programmer
- Knowledge management analyst
- Manager IT infrastructure solutions
- Database systems administrator
- Web applications developer
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- East Geelong
Duration Study Load
- Full-time: 1 year (5 days per week)
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon is utilising Gordon Online, our digital learning management system to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation. Classes are being delivered live (in real-time) using audio-visual delivery methods. Where on-campus attendance is required to complete practical learning and assessments, student numbers are being managed to ensure social distancing can be observed.
- Applicants must be aged 17 years and over at the time of course commencement
- Applicants must be able to provide their Year 12 certificate OR evidence that they have completed a Certificate IV or above level, otherwise they will be required to undertake an independent assessment test to ensure they can satisfactorily attain Level 3 in both reading and numeracy to apply for a VET Student Loan. To meet the academic requirements for the course, applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
- As this course builds on a base core of management competencies, with specialist and general elective choices to suit particular ICT and business needs, especially in the areas of knowledge management and systems development, it is recommended for students to have first completed both
- Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology and ICT40118 Certificate IV in Information Technology
- Students can enrol in and study ICT50118 Diploma of Information Technology concurrently with this course
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Workplace tasks
- Written assignments
- Team projects
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)