If you’re looking to specialise in Network Security, this is the qualification for you. This course is mapped to the worlds leading vendor certifications such as Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCENT), CompTIA (Server+, Network+, Security+) and EC-Council (CEH). This allows you to not only come away with a Nationally Recognised Qualification, but you’ll also be ready to sit exams and become certified with these leading vendors.
You’ll gain the skills and knowledge to plan, design, manage and monitor an enterprise information and communications technology (ICT) network as an independent ICT specialist or as part of a team responsible for advanced ICT network security systems. The qualification has a high-level ICT technical base with appropriate security units and the ability to specialise in a number of areas, including voice, wireless, network infrastructure and sustainability.
- Network security administrator or coordinator
- Network security engineer
- Enterprise systems security administrator
- Systems security designer
- Network security analyst
- Administrator or coordinator network security
What you'll learn
This program has been created with a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer developed materials. Vendor training is recognised internationally as an industry benchmark for product specific training. Upskilled uses an online Learning Management System to manage the delivery and assessment of learning resources. The program is conducted over a 12 month period through a blended learning approach of teacher-led workshops or webinars, distance education, and online materials.
- Nationally Recognised Training
Duration & study load
This course covers 12 units of competency.
ICT Graduate Certificate qualifications or other relevant higher education sector qualifications.
* Vendor Certifications are current at the time of publishing but are subject to change as these are managed by external organisations to Upskilled.
Upskilled Information Technology courses include detailed learning materials, assessments, online trainer support, and certification upon successful completion.
IT students also have access to Pluralsight’s online training library, one of the most comprehensive online video training libraries in the world and is delivered by those in the industry. The content is accessible 24/7 so you can study and further your skills whenever it suits you.
This qualification utilises many and varied types of learning materials and assessments. These resources are managed and provided through Upskilled’s Learning Management System, MyUpskilled. Access to a Microsoft based Personal Computer and an internet connection is required to complete any Upskilled IT qualification that utilises Microsoft Academy Courses.
Recognition of prior learning
Participants often come with experience in one or more ICT competencies, vocationally acquired from a range of sources (both formal and otherwise). Upskilled acknowledges the validity of such experience and encourages candidates to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning where applicable. Upskilled’s RPL Calculator is a guide to initial RPL standing, although participants are sometimes entitled to further RPL as enrolment progresses.
Assessment is summative and formative with set assignments, project work, and questionnaires.
- ICTNWK502- Implement secure encryption technologies
- ICTNWK509- Design and implement a security perimeter for ICT networks
- ICTNWK601- Design and implement a security system
- ICTNWK602- Plan, configure and test advanced server based security
- ICTSUS601- Integrate sustainability in ICT planning and design projects
- ICTNWK603- Plan, configure and test advanced internetwork routing solutions
- ICTNWK604- Plan and configure advanced internetwork switching solutions
- ICTNWK608- Configure network devices for a secure network infrastructure
- ICTNWK609- Configure and manage intrusion prevention system on network sensors
- ICTNWK612- Plan and manage troubleshooting advanced integrated IP networks
- ICTNWK613- Develop plans to manage structured troubleshooting process of enterprise networks
- ICTNWK607- Design and implement wireless network security
*Upskilled may make changes to the course from time to time to reflect changes introduced to the relevant Training Package or other regulatory requirements.
Option 1 – Save 15% when paying upfront. Total course cost: $5,395
Option 2 – 24 Month Interest-free payment plan. No deposit, no interest to pay for 24 months. Get started for just $62 a week!
By submiting an enquiry on this Advanced Diploma of Network Security (ICT60215), you will receive a complimentary course consultation with Upskilled. Upskilled is a leading Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that innovates the effective and efficient delivery of vocational qualifications and short courses to working professionals, job seekers and school leavers. As one of the largest RTOs in Australia, they partner with businesses and career-minded individuals to secure superior measurable outcomes. (RTO code: #40374).
Want to know more about this course? Simply fill out this short form to receive a free course consultation with Upskilled.
Included in your Upskilled course consultation:
- Pricing and payment options
- Start dates
- Delivery mode - online or in-class
- Career advice
- How to get help and contact information
- Everything you need to know before enrolling!