A career in Applied Fitness is perfect for those enthusiastic about improving the health and fitness of others. The Bachelor of Applied Fitness will position you as a specialised fitness trainer who can deliver training programs and sessions for groups and individuals, instructing them in nutrition, weight control, lifestyle health and general wellbeing.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Specialised Exercise Advisor
- Gym Owner
- High Performance Manager
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- New South Wales
- Olympic Park
Duration Study Load
- 3 Years full time
- Part time equivalent available
Online learning allows students to access the same learning resources and support available to on-campus students. The online learning environment is designed to be interactive, engaging and supportive. Some subjects may be offered online. Online subjects are taught with a viable cohort of students. If the cohort is not the right size for interactive learning students may be asked to attend on campus.
Applicants must meet at least ONE of the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- A minimum HSC (Higher School Certificate) average of 60 (calculated from the average of the highest 6 units completed) or equivalent
- A qualification from a recognised higher education provider
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification (Students wishing to enter through Certificate IV must have completed Year 11 or equivalent)
- One year full-time or equivalent in a degree course at an Australian university
- Satisfaction of entry requirements specified under formal articulation arrangements as determined by the ACPE Academic Board
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English
- Demonstration of good selection prospects as a student (for example, relevant work experience and motivation to study), and ineligibility to compete for admission based on the academic achievement criteria (1) to (6)
Recognition Of Prior Learning
An applicant may apply for an assessment of their prior learning at the time of applying for entry to an award course of the college.
While some subjects require mid-term and final exams, assessments may also comprise quizzes, essays and tutorial participation. Students enrolled in an online subject sit their final exam at the College or, if they live at a distance, under external supervision.
Theresa TranBachelor of Applied Fitness
For more than a century ACPE has been manifesting our students’ career aspirations into reality. ACPE empowers students by providing specialised education, first-rate qualifications and access to career-enhancing opportunities in addition to a great student life experience. Start your journey towards your career in physical education (PDHPE), dance education, sports business, health science, health and movement, coaching, applied fitness, and community health. ACPE courses are delivered at its purpose-built campus in Sydney Olympic Park, with a range of courses and individual subjects offered online.