in partnership with
Turn your passion into a career by exploring your interests in-depth and honing your skills and knowledge through our choice of 7 majors – Philosophy, English, Society and Culture, Ancient History, Modern History, Politics and Sociology. Being a Macquarie University Bachelor of Arts student means you are not restricted to picking units from just one field – you are encouraged to extend your educational scope and study things that interest you to make your degree unique. This holistic approach makes our graduates highly sought after by employers, as the degree ensures you develop strong capabilities in a range of areas such as problem solving, research skills, creative thinking and communication – skills essential for a successful, professional, civic and social life in the 21st century.
In 2016 the Macquarie unit codes have changed. All units previously studied under the old unit code will be recognized as equivalent.
To be eligible for a Commonwealth supported place in this degree, you must be:
- An Australian citizen residing in Australia for all or part of your studies; OR
- A New Zealand citizen who will be residing in Australia for the duration of your study; OR
- The holder of a permanent visa who will be residing in Australia for the duration of your study
You must also meet the following requirements:
- 4 OUA Undergraduate units at pass level from any OUA provider; OR
- a competitive ATAR of 75 or equivalent OP of 12
Please note: You can still enrol and pay for your units via FEE-HELP or an upfront payment if you are not eligible for CSP.
Recognition of prior learning
Macquarie University recognises formal, informal and non-formal learning to support an individual’s lifelong learning goals. An application for RPL will need the following support:
Evidence for formal learning
1. Official Academic transcript including all grades, on an institution letterhead. If your supporting documents are in a language other than English, this must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
2. Unit/Subject outlines
You need to supply a copy of the unit outline to support your request for exemption of units at Macquarie University.
Evidence for informal and non-formal learning
Suitable portfolio items e.g. Certificates from accredited courses, results from other non-credited courses, certificates and statements from employer courses or professional bodies, employment history and position descriptions, employers verifying your knowledge, skill and experience, details of community activities involving significant responsibilities, on-the-job assessment record, performance management reports etc.
About Open Universities Australia
By submiting an enquiry on this Bachelor of Arts, you will receive a complimentary course consultation with Open Universities Australia. For over twenty years Open Universities Australia has opened the doors for students undertaking online higher education or professional development. We are proud and committed to helping students succeed on their study journeys. OUA recognises students’ need for flexible learning schedules that fit into their lives, and our goal is to provide an education that fits your lifestyle.
Want to know more about this course? Simply fill out this short form to receive a free course consultation with Open Universities Australia.
Included in your Open Universities Australia course consultation:
- Pricing and payment options
- Start dates
- Delivery mode - online or in-class
- Career advice
- How to get help and contact information
- Everything you need to know before enrolling!