The Bachelor of Business (Event Management) degree is the ideal platform for those looking to break into the dynamic world of events. You’ll gain a strong understanding of business drivers and the knowledge and skills necessary to plan, execute and market events of all scales and budgets. Students have the option to study online or on campus.
The Bachelor of Business (Events Management) from Martin Higher Education will provide you with the practical and theoretical knowledge base you’ll require to excel within the competitive events management industry. Learn how to effectively manage an event from conception right through to post event reporting, no matter the scope or size. The comprehensive program covers key learning areas including fundamentals of the events industry, event development, venue and facility management, event logistics and risk assessment, strategic management and event sponsorship and promotion. You’ll also gain a more general understanding of business fundamentals such as marketing, management, human resource management, business law, economics and accounting.
- Sydney– 815-825 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000
- Western Sydney – 10 Parkview Drive, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
- Brisbane– 269 Wickham Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane Queensland 4006
You’ll graduate with all of the skills necessary to pursue a diverse and rewarding career within the events industry. You’ll be qualified to pursue work in a large number of roles including:
- Events manager
- Account manager
- Conference and exhibitions manager
- Small event business owner
- Fundraising manager
- Nationally Recognised Training
Duration & study load
- 14 weeks per semester
- 3 years: 8 units per year
- Part-time options available (up to 6 years)
To be eligible to enrol in this course, you must meet the following entry requirements:
- Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or equivalent; AND
- 18 years of age or over; OR
- Mature age entry (aged 21 or over) with relevant work experience; OR
- Successful completion of a relevant diploma.
An applicant may apply for assessment and recognition of their prior learning.
- FEE-HELP available
- Study Smart, our online learning system offers everything you need for support, learning materials and communication with students and lecturers
- Access our advanced online learning system for support and learning materials.
- A unique approach to degree study – we offer a complete academic grounding and a practical focus on career preparation
- If you don’t meet the entry requirements, start with a diploma for a seamless transition to degree study with Martin
- Event Management students and graduates can apply for membership to the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI) – the industry body for marketing professionals
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited Bachelor of Business (Event Management) from Martin Higher Education
About Martin Higher Education?
For 35 years Martin has been educating Australians. Martin Higher Education was borne out of this nationally respected brand. Martin Higher Education focuses on delivering hands on, career-focused degrees. A choice between on-campus and online study ensures there’s a learning model for everyone. Martin Higher Education is a registered higher education provider with the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA), offering TEQSA-accredited courses at undergraduate level.
Each qualification has been designed to cover foundation topics before moving onto a specialist elective stream. Graduates will have a strong understanding of business drivers and principles to ensure they graduate job-ready. Martin Higher Education also offers a capstone Industry Engagement subject giving students the opportunity to undertake a professional placement in their final semester to supercharge their careers.
Martin HE provides a supportive, flexible learning environment with a range of student support services to ensure students have the right tools to successfully engage with their studies. Expert academic staff facilitate one-on-one feedback sessions and a variety of other learning support. All students also receive access to an online learning platform that houses all content, interactive learning resources and features support tutorials.
Areas of study
In this business course, the subjects you will study include:
- Principles of management
- Introduction to marketing
- Information management systems
- Introduction to business law
- Introduction to accounting
- Effective business communication
- Introduction to HRM
- Economics for business
- Event industry fundamentals
- Ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Events and leisure management
- Project management
- Event development
- Understanding and using research
- Strategic management
- Environmental/sustainable practice
- Event sponsorship and promotion
- Event logistics and risk
- Venue and facility management
- Professional industry engagement
Plus four elective units.
You may be eligible to receive a FEE-HELP loan for this degree, meaning you can defer payment of your course fees. Enquire now for more information and to see if you meet eligibility criteria.
Martin Higher Education also offers flexible payment plans to help make studying more affordable.
You may be eligible to receive FEE-HELP for this course!
This course can be paid for through the FEE-HELP government loan scheme. If you are an Australian citizen or hold a permanent humanitarian visa, this means you don’t need to pay upfront.
Instead, the Australian government will pay your course fees on your behalf. You’ll begin repaying your loan through the tax system once you start earning more than the minimum threshold of $54,869 (2016-17 income year).
About Martin Higher Education
By submiting an enquiry on this Bachelor of Business (Event Management), you will receive a complimentary course consultation with Martin Higher Education. For 35 years Martin has been educating Australians. Martin Higher Education was borne out of this nationally respected brand. Martin Higher Education focuses on delivering hands-on, career-focused degrees. A choice between on-campus and online study ensures there’s a learning model for everyone. Each qualification has been designed to cover foundation topics before moving onto a specialist elective stream. Graduates will have a strong understanding of business drivers and principles to ensure you graduate job-ready. Thanks to an expansive network of industry partners, Martin Higher Education also offers students the opportunity to undertake a professional placement to supercharge their careers.
Study Group Australia Pty Limited trading as Martin College, Martin Higher Education is a registered higher education provider with the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA), offering TEQSA-accredited courses at undergraduate level.
Want to know more about this course? Simply fill out this short form to receive a free course consultation with Martin Higher Education.
Included in your Martin Higher Education course consultation:
- Pricing and payment options
- Start dates
- Delivery mode - online or in-class
- Career advice
- How to get help and contact information
- Everything you need to know before enrolling!