The Bachelor of Business (Tourism) degree from Martin Higher Education will provide you with a strong knowledge and understanding of business drivers and the skills required for a wide range of roles in the tourism sector, including tourism management and development, travel and tour operator, ecotourism, regional, cultural, sports or events tourism operations to name a few.
The Bachelor of Business (Tourism) from Martin Higher Education will provide you with a broad understanding of the skills required to work within the tourism and travel sector. Students will learn the fundamentals of tourism policy and strategy, tourism management and development, travel and tour, ecotourism, regional, cultural, sports and event tourism operations. You’ll also gain a more general understanding of business fundamentals such as marketing, management, human resource management, business law, economics and accounting.
- Sydney– 815-825 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000
- Western Sydney – 10 Parkview Drive, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
- Brisbane– 269 Wickham Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane Queensland 4006
- Tourism manager
- Tourism research officer
- Tourism marketing officer
- Cultural tourism manager/liaison officer
- Tourism event coordinator/manager
- Ecotourism project manager
- Ecotourism guide
- Hotel manager
- Regional tourism coordinator
What you'll learn
Graduates of this business degree will possess a highly transferable skillset, applicable within a broad range of business settings. The global reach of the tourism sector could see you finding work in just about any country, in organisations such as tour operators, airlines, hotels and resorts.
- Nationally Recognised Training
Duration & study load
- 14 weeks per semester
- 3 years: 8 units per year
- Part-time options available (up to 6 years)
To be eligible to enrol in this course, you must meet the following entry requirements:
- Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or equivalent; AND
- 18 years of age or over; OR
- Mature age entry (aged 21 or over) with relevant work experience; OR
- Successful completion of a relevant diploma.
An applicant may apply for assessment and recognition of their prior learning.
- FEE-HELP available
- Studying with us mean you’ll switch seamlessly from your diploma course to this degree
- You’ll graduate ready for work with industry recognised skills, by learning the Galileo and Amadeus systems, used by travel agents the world over to check availability, details of flights, confirm seats and issue tickets
- Our feature-rich online learning system offers support and learning materials.
- This degree offers a full academic preparation and a practical focus on your future career
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited Bachelor of Business (Tourism) from Martin Higher Education.
Why Study with Martin Higher Education?
For 35 years Martin has been educating Australians. Martin Higher Education was borne out of this nationally respected brand. Martin Higher Education focuses on delivering hands on, career-focused degrees. A choice between on-campus and online study ensures there’s a learning model for everyone. Martin Higher Education is a registered higher education provider with the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA), offering TEQSA-accredited courses at undergraduate level.
Each qualification has been designed to cover foundation topics before moving onto a specialist elective stream. Graduates will have a strong understanding of business drivers and principles to ensure they graduate job-ready. Martin Higher Education also offers a capstone Industry Engagement subject giving students the opportunity to undertake a professional placement in their final semester to supercharge their careers.
Martin HE provides a supportive, flexible learning environment with a range of student support services to ensure students have the right tools to successfully engage with their studies. Expert academic staff facilitate one-on-one feedback sessions and a variety of other learning support. All students also receive access to an online learning platform that houses all content, interactive learning resources and features support tutorials.
In this business course, the subjects you will study include:
- Introduction to management
- Introduction to marketing
- Information management systems
- Introduction to business law
- Introduction to accounting
- Effective business communication
- Introduction to HRM
- Economics for business
- Introduction to travel and tourism
- Ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Tourism management and development
- Travel and tourism operations
- Cultural awareness
- Understanding and using research
- Strategic management
- Environmental/sustainable practice
- Sports and special event tourism
- Regional tourism
- Tourism policy and strategy
- Professional industry engagement
Plus four elective units
You may be eligible to receive a FEE-HELP loan for this degree, meaning you can defer payment of your course fees. Enquire now for more information and to see if you meet eligibility criteria.
Martin Higher Education also offers flexible payment plans to help make studying more affordable.
You may be eligible to receive FEE-HELP for this course!
This course can be paid for through the FEE-HELP government loan scheme. If you are an Australian citizen or hold a permanent humanitarian visa, this means you don’t need to pay upfront.
Instead, the Australian government will pay your course fees on your behalf. You’ll begin repaying your loan through the tax system once you start earning more than the minimum threshold of $54,869 (2016-17 income year).
About Martin Higher Education
By submiting an enquiry on this Bachelor of Business (Tourism), you will receive a complimentary course consultation with Martin Higher Education. For 35 years Martin has been educating Australians. Martin Higher Education was borne out of this nationally respected brand. Martin Higher Education focuses on delivering hands-on, career-focused degrees. A choice between on-campus and online study ensures there’s a learning model for everyone. Each qualification has been designed to cover foundation topics before moving onto a specialist elective stream. Graduates will have a strong understanding of business drivers and principles to ensure you graduate job-ready. Thanks to an expansive network of industry partners, Martin Higher Education also offers students the opportunity to undertake a professional placement to supercharge their careers.
Study Group Australia Pty Limited trading as Martin College, Martin Higher Education is a registered higher education provider with the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA), offering TEQSA-accredited courses at undergraduate level.
Want to know more about this course? Simply fill out this short form to receive a free course consultation with Martin Higher Education.
Included in your Martin Higher Education course consultation:
- Pricing and payment options
- Start dates
- Delivery mode - online or in-class
- Career advice
- How to get help and contact information
- Everything you need to know before enrolling!