The Bachelor of Health Science (Fitness) provides students with the foundational health and bioscience subjects with an accompanying fitness major. The degree covers the components of health as well as foundational sciences relevant to the human body. The fitness major provides students with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of exercise prescription, anatomy, physiology and biomechanics. Students are exposed to fitness programming, strength and conditioning, sports business and exercise for various populations. Practical learning is undertaken in the laboratory, gym and in the field, providing students with exposure to the latest technology and equipment. This degree also develops professional communication skills essential for engagement with prospective clients.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Fitness Leaders for diverse populations (cardiac rehabilitation, exercise for the elderly)
- Personal Trainer
- Gym and Facility Manager
- Group Exercise Instructor
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Specialist Trainer
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- New South Wales
- Olympic Park
Duration Study Load
- 3 Years full time
- Part time equivalent available
Applicants must meet at least ONE of the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- A minimum HSC (Higher School Certificate) average of 60 (calculated from the average of the highest 6 units completed) or equivalent
- A qualification from a recognised higher education provider
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification (Students wishing to enter through Certificate IV must have completed Year 11 or equivalent)
- One year full-time or equivalent in a degree course at an Australian university
- Satisfaction of entry requirements specified under formal articulation arrangements as determined by the ACPE Academic Board
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English
- Demonstration of good selection prospects as a student (for example, relevant work experience and motivation to study), and ineligibility to compete for admission based on the academic achievement criteria (1) to (6)
Recognition Of Prior Learning
An applicant may apply for an assessment of their prior learning at the time of applying for entry to an award course of the college.
While some subjects require mid-term and final exams, assessments may also comprise quizzes, essays and tutorial participation. Students enrolled in an online subject sit their final exam at the College or, if they live at a distance, under external supervision.
For more than a century ACPE has been manifesting our students’ career aspirations into reality. ACPE empowers students by providing specialised education, first-rate qualifications and access to career-enhancing opportunities in addition to a great student life experience. Start your journey towards your career in physical education (PDHPE), dance education, sports business, health science, health and movement, coaching, applied fitness, and community health. ACPE courses are delivered at its purpose-built campus in Sydney Olympic Park, with a range of courses and individual subjects offered online.