Discover the freedom to create your dream as a performing artist.
Realise your passion to be an actor in our Bachelor of Screen and Stage (Acting), by learning from the best with exclusive classes and guest lecturers led by a range of industry professionals, national and international artists. As an actor, you will develop an understanding of your own self and learn to observe others by living life in imaginary circumstances.
You will have the opportunity to develop your individual voice to become a truly independent artist. Explore solo and ensemble work and collaborate with students from other APAC courses, expanding your repertoire as well as your networking skills: contribute to a film project, write a short film or work with storytelling in a music video.
Our students graduate with promotional and business skills to take them into the often challenging world of acting.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Stage and/or Screen Actor
- Independent Performing Artist
- Drama Teacher
- Theatre Director
- Professional Development
What You'll Learn
- From movement, voice and speech, to combat, audition skills, and exciting new works, APAC gives you the skills required for success in the industry
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Brisbane CBD
Duration Study Load
- 2 years, full-time
- This course is delivered purely in-class, on-campus in Brisbane’s CBD
An interview and/or audition may be required for students with no prior acting experience. Audition details will be provided to students and assessment will be undertaken by an assessment panel comprising of a minimum of two qualified assessors. Students must achieve a score of 16 or above against a 20 point scale in accordance with the following criteria:
- Kinesthetic awareness
- Emotional availability
- Analytical instincts
- Cold Read
No ATAR requirement, and one of the following:
- A pass in Year 12 English or equivalent
- Previous study in a VET course at Diploma level or above – AQF Level 5 or above – either complete or incomplete (Academic Transcript)
- Mature age entry
It’s our goal to make our degrees accessible to people who have a passion for performing arts. If you have any questions about our entry requirements, please contact our friendly team for more information.
- You must be eligible for an International Student Visa
- You must be 18 years or older at the time your studies commence
- You must be able to demonstrate a level of aptitude and discernible talent through our interview and audition requirements
- You must meet our English language requirements which are an IELTS (or equivalent test) score of at least 6.0 with no individual score less than 5.5
Arryn Leigh Cox
About Australian Performing Arts Conservatory
The Australian Performing Arts Conservatory (APAC) has been shaping performers and filmmakers for almost 30 years. APAC was instrumental in bringing the stage combat discipline to Australian performance. Since then we have built and expanded into the full range of acting abilities, song, dance and filmmaking. In each discipline, we have our own perspectives and unique interpretations. We have a long tradition of success, but we are not 'traditional'.
We are focused on contemporary theory and practice. We provide high quality, immersive learning to equip you to succeed in the contemporary performing arts and filmmaking. We take pride in being at the leading edge. We find our lecturers at the forefront of their industries and disciplines. Many of our team prefer to describe themselves as actors, singers, dancers or filmmakers – which is how they are respected in the industry. We seek something extra from them. We look for academic knowledge and most importantly their desire and ability to share their knowledge and professionalism with our students.
We start with talented aspirants then we shape them to be successful professionals and more resilient graduates. We recognise that talent makes a good starting point, but strong professional and academic input will make the difference. From our state of the art, modern campus in the centre of Brisbane, we reach out across the globe. We seek out new knowledge and new practices. We blend these into academically sound, professionally recognised outcomes for our students.