From the spark of an idea, through to marketing the end product – you are only limited by your imagination.
Start your career in Screen Production now with our Bachelor Degree. APAC’s degree in Screen Production provides a practice-led film making course in Brisbane. The Bachelor Screen and Stage (Screen Production) covers every aspect of pre and post-production.
Screen students collaborate on a diverse range of productions with our Acting and Song & Dance students. Hands-on subjects such as cinematography, lighting and green screen techniques, sound recording and editing (Adobe Creative Suite) will give you the ability to follow your strengths.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Lighting Designer
- Sound Recordist
- Director of Photography
- Camera Operator
- Production Manager
- Post Production
- Script Supervisor
- Creative Director
- Screen Writer
What You'll Learn
- In this course, you will learn to write scripts, produce or direct, work collaboratively in crew roles on short films, music videos, television commercials and web series, as well as pitch ideas, budget, distribute, and market to create your own projects
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Brisbane CBD
Duration Study Load
- 2 years, full-time
- This course is delivered purely in-class, on-campus in Brisbane’s CBD
An interview is required for entry and potential students will need to demonstrate that they have an aptitude for screen production and are genuine students.
No ATAR requirement, and one of the following:
- A pass in Year 12 English or equivalent
- Previous study in a VET course at Diploma level or above – AQF Level 5 or above – either complete or incomplete (Academic Transcript)
- Mature age entry
It’s our goal to make our degrees accessible to people who have a passion for performing arts.
- You must be eligible for an International Student Visa
- You must be 18 years or older at the time your studies commence
- You must be able to demonstrate a level of aptitude and discernible talent though providing a portfolio of your work in Screen Production
- You must meet our English language requirements which are an IELTS (or equivalent test) score of at least 6.0 with no individual score less than 5.5
Arryn Leigh Cox
About Australian Performing Arts Conservatory
The Australian Performing Arts Conservatory (APAC) has been shaping performers and filmmakers for almost 30 years. APAC was instrumental in bringing the stage combat discipline to Australian performance. Since then we have built and expanded into the full range of acting abilities, song, dance and filmmaking. In each discipline, we have our own perspectives and unique interpretations. We have a long tradition of success, but we are not 'traditional'.
We are focused on contemporary theory and practice. We provide high quality, immersive learning to equip you to succeed in the contemporary performing arts and filmmaking. We take pride in being at the leading edge. We find our lecturers at the forefront of their industries and disciplines. Many of our team prefer to describe themselves as actors, singers, dancers or filmmakers – which is how they are respected in the industry. We seek something extra from them. We look for academic knowledge and most importantly their desire and ability to share their knowledge and professionalism with our students.
We start with talented aspirants then we shape them to be successful professionals and more resilient graduates. We recognise that talent makes a good starting point, but strong professional and academic input will make the difference. From our state of the art, modern campus in the centre of Brisbane, we reach out across the globe. We seek out new knowledge and new practices. We blend these into academically sound, professionally recognised outcomes for our students.