- The Gordon has one of the largest TAFE scholarship programs in Victoria. Scholarships range in value from $500 to $5,000. As a new student, you may be eligible for a scholarship to help you reach your educational goals.
Are you looking to prepare for further study, improve your employment opportunities and enhance your community participation?
Our Certificates in General Education for Adults (CGEA) provide a range of educational opportunities.
What You'll Learn
You will gain a formal credential for studying reading and writing, mathematics, oral communication and general education skills.
We offer general education courses at four levels with the highest level equivalent to Year 11 secondary education. You will undertake an initial assessment to determine the appropriate course level for you.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Full-time 6 months
- Part-time Flexible
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon will utilise Gordon Online, our digital learning management system. Classes will be delivered using audio-visual delivery methods to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation.
- Applicants must be aged 17 or over
- Applicants younger than 17 should refer to The Gordon’s youth programs.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Written assignments
- Oral presentations and problem-solving
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)