Do you have a young person aged 15 or over, with special learning needs or learning difficulties? This unique program is designed to give the support and skills needed to gain employment or progress onto further study. It also offers students the opportunity to meet and interact with new people, build confidence, and further their language and communication skills. This course is offered on a full-time basis to give students the best opportunity to gain skills for employment, or further education.
This course is a dual qualification, you will also need to apply for 22567VIC Certificate I in Transition Education.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Full time: 12 months
- Term 1: 4 days
- Term 2 & 3: 5 days a week
- Term 4: 4 days a week
- A diagnosed learning disability and/or
- Have received special education assistance, or have had a modified program at school
- A literacy and numeracy assessment is not required for this course
- Applicants must be a minimum of 15 years of age at the time of course commencement, have special learning needs, and have an interest in gaining employment, progressing to further study or taking part in community life
- Any student under the age of 17 must provide a Transition from School form prior to undertaking the course
- Students need to have a desire to complete the course and take part in all course activities, including on-campus and campus excursions, this includes the potential to travel independently
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Travel activities
- Oral presentations
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)