If you love animals and the idea of working in an animal care role, this course is the ideal starting point. You will learn how to care for animals in a range of environments, basic animal first aid and gain an understanding of the animal care industry, its products and services.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Animal shelter assistant
- Pet shop assistant
- Animal service provider
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- East Geelong Campus: PT – 1 day per week | Monday or Tuesday | 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Werribee Campus: PT – 1 day per week | Monday | 9.00am – 4.00pm
The Gordon will utilise Gordon Online, our digital learning management system. Classes will be delivered using audio-visual delivery methods to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation.
- Applicants are expected to have an appropriate level of language, literacy and numeracy skills, which will be evaluated prior to course intake
- Any student under the age of 17 must provide a Transition from School form prior to undertaking this course
- Details of any prior industry experience or study in this field will be collected at the information session
- This course is designed for students who have left secondary school. If you are still studying you should apply through the VET in Schools program
- Hands-on projects
- Written assignments
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)