The Australian ICT industry is valued at $100 billion according to JobOutlook.gov.au. Kick start your career with IT skills that lead to a host of job opportunities or future study. This course will give you the foundational computer skills so you can start your next job with confidence, showing that you know your way around the PC and use regularly used applications like a boss! Put yourself ahead of other job seekers or co-workers and show what you can do with today’s technology.
Use Operating Systems
Kick it off with learning how to get around the desktop, window snapping, keyboard shortcuts and file management.
Communicating in a work environment
If poor communication can impact stress levels, deadlines, morale, health and the bottom line negatively, then good communication can have a positive effect. Learn how to communicate effectively using current technology.
Managing software on a PC is pretty simple, once you know how. So let’s make sure you know how and stop calling the IT guy every time you want to change something. You know he’s gonna make you turn it off and on again before he does any real work anyway. Let’s learn how to get the software from a reliable source and get it running. All without a single reboot.
You always knew there was more that Word, Excel and PowerPoint could do but you didn’t know how. Learn how to create some impressive workplace documents with images, headers and footers, work with templates and make some useful charts in Excel that you can use in your letters and emails. Have them saying, “How did you make that?”
Spam and destructive software
Wow, you just found out that you had a relative in Nigeria that recently passed and wants to send you a share of their $8million fortune. Great news! Or is it? Learn how to detect scams, stop spam from flooding your mailbox and how to protect your precious PC from bugs, spyware and ransomware and learn some cyber-security basics.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Data Entry Clerk
- Systems Administration Assistant
- Help Desk Support
- Software Tester
- Systems Tester
What You'll Learn
- The nationally recognised Certificate II in Applied Digital Technologies prepares you for entry-level roles in information technology across a range of industries and foundational computer skills that can be used in any workplace where computer skills are needed.
- The qualification is made up of 12 units comprising 6 core units plus 6 elective units. The six core units are designed to provide a solid ICT skills base in the workplace. The remaining 6 units allow students to move into various streams of interest within the Cert II framework that will complement their current work roles or propel them towards their career goals.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Study while at school
- Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- Do you already have skills in IT? If so, you could be holding a nationally recognised qualification. Getting your IT certificate is easy and you can do it right from your desk. Using our online skills recognition tool, we can easily take you step by step through proving your skills without you having to leave your home or office
- Our online trainer will guide you through the recognition process one simple step at a time. They will ask you some questions to prove your knowledge on each subject, and then you’ll have the to opportunity demonstrate your skills and upload your evidence from your own computer
- Providing references, your resume or work history, and examples of work you have done will also help the recognition process and our trainer will give you opportunities to include these as evidence
- You don’t have to know it ALL to enrol in a skills recognition course. For every subject that you CAN prove your skills, we can give you a nationally recognised credit in that course. So even if you don’t quite have all the skills, we can provide you with credits on the subjects that you do, and offer training on anything you might need further assistance with a simple upgrade to our course content for any units that require it
What you’ll need:
- A computer with Windows 10 or 11 with audio (headphones are recommended)
- A printer
- Microsoft Office 2013 or 2016 (recommended). This includes Office365 users. LearnMe will provide you with a FREE Office 365 Student Licence for the duration of your course. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications are compatible with PC and Apple devices
- A broadband internet connection for downloading and uploading files
- For your assessments, you will need to complete various projects which require you to access social media websites, install free software and record your screen using free screen recording software. If the software is blocked on your network you can use an alternative recording method such as a smartphone to record and upload to YouTube for assessments that require it
- Access to a digital device such as a smartphone
- Access to a workplace for the purpose of answering workplace-related questions. (This can be a school or even a home office.)
- A digital still camera. (A smart phone can be used but a dedicated camera is preferred.)
- A can do attitude!
Dominic LynchIT Administrator
Deanne RugeHead of Department
- Online Traineeships in Certificate II are now available and you may be eligible for funding towards this qualification. Traineeships are a great way to a foot in the door of an ICT job get your career moving.
LearnMe is an Australian RTO serving you the student so you can access innovative educational pathways to fast-track your learning and qualification process.
LearnMe has a flexible and personalised approach to your training and educational journey. This innovative approach creates an educational pathway that supports you, as you enjoy the process of learning about technology, in both an academic and practical ‘hands-on’ experience. Students receive personalised attention and assistance from instructors in the areas of study that are less familiar to them.
The benefits of the LearnMe approach are dramatic. LearnMe students are able to accelerate over areas where they have existing skills and knowledge, thereby reducing the study time required to complete their qualification. This results in higher student completion rates and greater levels of customer satisfaction.
LearnMe creates an enjoyable and supportive learning experience for you by combining the most current and efficient training technologies and qualification pathways with outstanding customer service and personalised attention.
LearnMe has a skilled team of dedicated trainers and staff who are committed to going the extra mile for each student to ensure that you receive prompt and courteous assistance.
Studying with LearnMe you will be part of a vision and learning community that is well on its way to becoming the international ‘gold standard’ for flexible learning and education.
LearnMe is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #31449)