- This course is part of the Victorian Government’s Free TAFE initiative. Enquire now to see if you are eligible
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Apprentice carpenter
- Labourer in building industry
What You'll Learn
This hands-on course covers a range of core units and fundamental skills that you’ll need in the building and construction industry, along with specific training for carpentry.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
The Gordon will utilise Gordon Online, our digital learning management system. Classes will be delivered using audio-visual delivery methods to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation.
- Applicants must be aged 16 or over
- Applicants are expected to have language, literacy, numeracy and communication skills to at least Year 10 level.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Written assignments
- Team projects
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)