Do you want to update or refresh your skills in reading, writing, numeracy, or computers but have not studied for a while?
Our General Education program can offer a range of flexible options that can help you achieve your learning goals. You can choose to study part-time or full-time and you don’t have to have completed your year 9 at school. You will learn in a supportive, relaxed environment with qualified, friendly teachers.
What You'll Learn
You will gain a formal qualification for studying reading and writing, mathematics and electives, including technology.
We offer general education courses at four levels. You will undertake an initial assessment to determine the appropriate course level for you.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 6 months
- 3-4 days per week
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon will utilise Gordon Online, our digital learning management system. Classes will be delivered using audio-visual delivery methods to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation.
- Applicants must be aged 17 or over
- Applicants younger than 17 should refer to The Gordon’s youth programs
- Applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Written assignments
- Oral presentations and problem-solving
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)