- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding.
The Certificate III Animal Care Services – Pet Grooming, is the NEW Australian Nationally Recognised qualification for dog groomers. The Certificate III in Animal Care Services – Pet Grooming replaces (supersedes) the Certificate III in PetGrooming (ACM30617).
This is the most comprehensive and detailed course available in Australia. This qualification gives you the knowledge, skills and techniques to work as a dog groomer in the pet industry. Students concentrate on the grooming of dogs, including brushing, combing, clipping nails, cleaning ears, bathing, drying techniques, clipping and scissor finishing techniques as well as proper pattern setting for various breeds.
Emphasis is placed on perfecting grooming skills while concentrating on proper breed profile, increasing speed and efficiency while developing maximum grooming potential. The curriculum has been designed to ensure that the students learn to groom in a skilful, responsible, and professional manner and that their scope of knowledge creates highly qualified professionals.
Under the direction and instruction of qualified grooming teachers, students acquire the techniques and skills necessary for competence in the field of professional pet grooming and styling. Practicalgrooming applications and handling techniques are complemented by a structured self-study program.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Dog groomer
- Grooming assistant
- Dog boarding employee
- Dog daycare employee
- Start a dog grooming business
- Start a mobile dog grooming business
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Up to 12 months to complete the course
- Practical training runs for 5 weeks full-time
The course program is taught using a blended approach (online and classroom).
- The theory (knowledge) is taught and assessed via our online learning platform. This allows students to start studying at any time and learn the required knowledge prior to attending the academy for practical training.
- The practical training (hands-on) is completed at the academy under the guidance and support of our qualified teachers and groomers for 5 weeks full-time. This ensures the student is taught the hands-on skills required to become a qualified groomer while being guided by our team.
- During the practical training, students have access to a range of dog breeds to groom and are able to practice and perfect their skills in a safe environment.
- Be at least 17 years old
- Completed Year 10 or equivalent
- Internet access and email address
- Able to attend the campus (Gold Coast) for practical training
Online Study (Self-Paced)
- Easy-to-read course materials including posted textbooks
- Videos and Webinars
- Telephone Support from our Accredited Trainers
- Email Support from our Accredited Trainers
- Online Assessments
- Study with Master groomers
- State-of-the-art grooming academy
- All equipment provided
Recognition Of Prior Learning
If you already have workplace experience in procurement and contract administration roles in government, you may be eligible for RPL. This means you can complete your assessment by portfolio and interview.
You will need to provide substantial evidence of procurement administration and coordination experience, as well as evidence showing you understand and can apply skills and knowledge relevant to working in the government environment. You also need to provide a signed reference from a team leader or manager.
Talk to our team to find out if you are eligible for RPL.
- Practical assessments
- Case studies
- Written assessments
- Online quizzes
About Dentos Pet Stylist Academy
Dentos Pet Stylist Academy is Australia’s leading education provider for dog grooming courses. We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 2875) and the only approved school in Australia to teach Pet Grooming to international students (CRICOS #0185A).The Dentos Pet Stylist Academy was established in 2009 by Emily Myatt, who has over 20 years’ experience within the grooming industry. Emily is a Master Groomer, an Australian award-winning pet stylist, international grooming speaker and international grooming judge.
The Academy is located in Broadbeach Waters, a suburb of the Gold Coast, Qld. The school is fully air-conditioned and includes training rooms, doggy daycare and a fully operational grooming salon. The school is equipped with modern grooming classrooms as well as state of the art equipment.
With a commitment to education, Dentos Pet Stylist Academy develop students who have the knowledge, skills and techniques to become qualified dog groomers.
‘We turn your PASSION, into your PROFESSION’