Be creative. Be in demand. Be a barber.
Barbering courses are the start to great job opportunities in a growing field with flexibility, flair, and high job satisfaction.
The barbering industry is continuing to grow, with more and more barbershops popping up and it is an exciting trade to be involved in! If you love your job, you’ll never have to work another day in your life. We know that many barbers would agree with this statement and be able to list many reasons why they love their job and how it does not feel like work. Choosing a barbering course presents many opportunities to build a career with perks and rewards that you may not have even considered.
Few trades offer as many opportunities to open your own successful business. There is a range of options in how you can be your own boss with a barber career. Some people opt to rent a chair in a salon and build up their client base, choose to work as a mobile barber or open up their own barbershop, where they can really bring in their passions and personality into their barbershop. Plus, you play a big part in making people look their best. You have the power and skills to give confidence to men by giving them a haircut that suits them and makes them feel great.
There is no lifespan of a barber, once you work hard and continue to master your craft, you can work as long you want. Regardless of the economic situation, men will always need to get their hair cut, so there will always be a need for barbers. With the rise of social media and focus in the media on male grooming, more and more men are willing to invest money in how they look. It’s time to study barbering!
Potential career outcomes could include:
What You'll Learn
- This entry-level qualification in Barbering will teach you the knowledge and skills you need to become a qualified Barber. During your studies, you will work with a range of clients with different needs as you develop your own unique niche through learning the many different techniques and skills of a qualified barber
- You’ll also get the chance to unleash your creativity and passion for the barbering trade in our specially built training salons in Maroochydore, Toowoomba, Cairns. and Chermside, QLD
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 5 x 10 Week Terms (Full Time)
- 12 x 10 Week Terms (Apprenticeship)
Face to Face Delivery
- 5 x 10 Week Terms (2 Days a Week Full time)
- 12 x 10 Week Terms (1 Day Apprenticeship)*
Flexible Teacher Directed Independent Study
- Online 7 Hours/ Week over 5 x 10 Week Terms (Full Time)
- Online 3 hours/week over 12 x 10 Week Terms (Apprenticeships)
*Demi International has a flexible learning environment to meet the needs of employers with options and flexibility in employee training. We are committed to producing high quality, skilled Apprentices to all employers
- Students should have completed Year 10 (or equivalent) and should be at least 15 years of age. Younger applicants are welcome to apply and entry will be at the discretion of the RTO
- Industry experts and field trips
- Human hair headblocks
- Support sessions
All resources and materials including:
- Access to Online Learning Management System (LMS)
- Online textbook and learning material
- Uniform shirt
- Complete barbering kit
We have a dedicated barber shop open to the public, so you will be able to practice your skills on real paying clients.
- This qualification is suitable for Apprenticeships. This provides an opportunity for you to work, study and earn an income all at the same time. Apprenticeships and traineeships are available to individuals from the age of 15. School students, school leavers and job seekers are eligible to apply. There are no general prerequisites
Why study with us?
Our courses will enable you to:
- Gain the skills to prepare you for employment in a fast-growing and rewarding industry
- Become qualified with in-depth skill sets designed to meet the specific needs of the industry. Our courses are designed with industry consultation, we include experts in our classrooms and deliver the most up to date required skill sets to our students
- You will use a range of high-quality products and tools allowing you to practice your skills and hit the ground running out in the industry
- We provide you with extra opportunities to clarify material and interact with your trainer where you can book one on one appointments with trainers and assessors
After achieving this qualification, individuals may wish to undertake:
- Certificate III in Hairdressing
- Diploma of Salon Management
Meet our instructors
- We value a great education. Our instructors have over 30 years of practice experience working with clients in a variety of fields. Each instructor has many years of experience in the industry and is currently still working as Hairdressers and Barbers. They are qualified trainers and assessors that meet the Australian Government guidelines for trainers
About Demi International Beauty Academy
Demi International are the industry choice for job-ready and well-rounded graduates. Time, quality, and nurturing of students learning is our priority. To deliver excellence in education, we have worked closely with industry experts and employers to ensure our graduates receive the most current information and skills that are relevant and most valuable to industry employers. With great education comes opportunity, as a number of our students have been offered employment prior to graduation.
All courses are recognised with the Australian Qualification Framework and nationally accredited. Giving you a range of further study options and pathways into University, with the opportunity to receive recognised study credits into a Bachelor degree. Plus our Diploma of Beauty Therapy and Diploma of Remedial Massage are internationally recognised in 39 countries through ITEC giving you the chance to explore global opportunities.
Demi International delivers nationally accredited units, courses and qualifications for sort after skills. We have been a trusted provider of quality education for more than 13 years, with thousands of happy graduates.
All of our courses are Flexible face-to-face study options that give you the time to study, work and play. With four campus locations in Queensland, you can study where it suits your lifestyle.
We ensure small class numbers and student-focused support from trainers with over 30+ years of industry experience. Our completion rate is over 95% and we have an extremely high employment rate on graduation.
Demi International Beauty Academy is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #32542)