Are you just starting out in the workforce or planning a career change, and looking to work in a medical office environment? This course provides a sound basis, particularly if you are starting with little or no administrative or technical skills. The course covers core topics in business administration, computer skills, medical terminology, accounts and patient records.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Medical receptionist
- Medical records clerk
- Medical secretary
- Administration assistant
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
Full-time: 6 months
Part-time: 1 year
- Applicants must be aged 16 or over at the time of course commencement
- Any student under the age of 17 must provide a Transition from School form prior to undertaking this course.
- Applicants are expected to have literacy at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3 and numeracy skills at Year 10 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 2
- Apprenticeship and traineeship applicants must be currently employed under a training contract and referred by their employer.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Written assignments
- Oral Assessments
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)