Everybody needs the first career “foot in the door”. This qualification can help you develop real-world skills to pursue a career in business and administration. Typical job roles related to the training may include administrative assistant, executive support, reception and customer service.
You may even perform administrative roles in specialist business areas such as human resource, marketing or finance.
What You'll Learn
The qualification comprises 12 units of competency including:
- 1 core unit of competency
- 8 preselected elective units of competency (shown in the course structure table below)
- 3 additional elective units of competency
MiTraining delivers this qualification with set electives. That means the elective units of competency shown in the course structure below were chosen to reflect the work outcomes, skills and knowledge required to be successful in a contemporary workplace at this level.
We’ll work with you to select the three additional elective units of competency that best align to the skills you are looking to develop. These electives may focus on customer service, finance/business resources or working successfully within a team environment.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
Complete this course part-time in 18 months to 24 months.
You’ll undertake units in “blocks” to help you manage the course work and assessment. There’s a maximum of up to 24 months allowed to complete all units and assessments in the qualification.
The total time it takes to complete the course usually depends on your previous work experience and the pace at which you prefer to study.
You’ll be supported by a dedicated trainer with access learning resources at your fingertips, and connect with other students working through the same course.
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course. To support you to successfully complete the qualification you must meet the following entry requirements:
- Aged 18 at the time of enrolment, or turning 18 within 6 months of commencing the course. Applicants under the age of 18 must have their enrolment paperwork witnessed by a parent or guardian
- Course delivery and materials are in English. If English is your second language talk to us about the required English Language Proficiency level for this course
- Minimum computer literacy standards as well as unrestricted access to the internet
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment pathway that enables you to demonstrate competence from prior experience and learning. RPL applications require a portfolio of evidence which will be assessed, together with a competency conversation or skills test/check.
Undertaking this qualification will require you to complete a range of assessments to assess your competency against the performance criteria. Assessments have been designed with a focus on workplace outputs.
A variety of assessment methods are used:
- Assessing theoretical and applied knowledge
- Assessing the application of skills through projects, scenarios and demonstrations
- Gathering evidence that shows your ability to perform key tasks
Each assessment method provides a different type of evidence. Taken together, the complete assessment provides a holistic view of your ability to perform competently and confidently to the level set down in the Competency Standards. To be issued with a qualification testamur students must be deemed competent in each unit of competency and meet all requirements of the course.
MiTraining is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID 45183) offering short courses, nationally accredited qualifications and special interest workshops in business, management and leadership topics.
As a leading Australian provider of business and management skills training, our focus is to help people skill up and step up in their chosen field.
MiTraining Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 45183)