If you’re keen to secure a role in business administration but find that you’re lacking the skills and knowledge, the BSB30120 – Certificate III in Business is a qualification that is a great starting point in helping you build confidence when undertaking routine and operational tasks. This course is also a great stepping stone if you want to pursue an entry-level role that has a core focus in business administration.
From learning how to effectively communicate with others to organising business meetings, this nationally-recognised qualification can give you a variety of business skills needed to meet a range of competencies in clerical and administrative work.
Who's It For?
This qualification will suit you if you have a strong interest in a career in business administration but have limited experience in the field. You may be someone who has completed Year 10 and want to undertake a role where you can have the opportunity to gain a variety of useful business skills. You could also be in the following job roles and are looking to upskill:
- Accounts Clerk
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- General Clerk
- Junior Personal Assistant
- Office Assistant
- Word Processor
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Office administrator
- Personal assitant
What You'll Learn
This qualification is comprised of units that will teach the skills and knowledge needed to carry out a range of administrative and clerical tasks, which may help you pursue career pathways in office administration or similar.
You will also get the opportunity to be trained in different areas of business like maintaining workplace safety and participating in sustainable work practices.
In this course, you’ll learn to:
- Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
- Articulate, present and debate ideas
- Engage in workplace communication
- Use inclusive work practices
Other personal skills you may learn along the way include:
- Critical thinking skills
- Complex problem-solving
- Communication skills
- Collaborating with others
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
As a guide, entrants to this program:
- Must be 18 years of age and have completed Year 10, or
- Have a qualification at Certificate II or higher, or
- Have 2 years of relevant experience, and
- Complete a course/suitability interview
Participants will be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Rewards Program
- Student Support Services
- Your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- Webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- Video content access via:
- LinkedIn Learning
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details
- After enrolment, you can download the application from MyUpskilled, or on request from Student Support. A trainer will be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT
- This course will have you undertake summative and formative assessments, write reports and/or create a portfolio, and participate in role-playing scenarios
- You’ll also be working on a variety of projects that require your own research as well as answering various written/oral questions that apply the theory you learn into practice
You will need access to a computer and the internet and have basic computing operational skills. These include:
- A modern computer with high-speed internet
- Access to a digital video recording device and/or digital camera and associated software to save and upload video and image files to the Upskilled LMS.
- Chrome or Firefox browsers
- Microsoft Office 2010 or equivalent
- Software to view online videos and images such as Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer, or Quicktime.
- Software such as Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer etc.
- Access to printer and associated software
- Access to a scanner and associated software
Upskilled is Australia's pre-eminent provider of qualifications at certificate and diploma level. We specialise in the online delivery of nationally accredited courses in key industries, ensuring that every learning experience is an investment in career opportunity. Upskilled is proud to be synonymous with outcomes that skill the economy, support the community, and reward our graduates on both a personal and professional level.
At the heart of Upskilled is a commitment to exploring the training opportunities made possible by the digital age. As the internet revolutionises the educational playing field, the rules of student engagement must evolve just as quickly.
Upskilled understands that instant access does not equate to instant knowledge. We understand that a new kind of student requires a new style of learning.
At its heart, learning is an interaction. For that reason, the tools that deliver effective skills learning must be interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.
Upskilled Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 40374)