Nationally Recognised Training SIR30116 Certificate III in Community Pharmacy meets QCPP requirements.
This program SIR30116 Certificate III in Community Pharmacy is designed for both those already working in a Community Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Assistant, as well as those who would like to pursue a career in Community Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Assistant. Pharmacy Assistants meet, greet and assist customers that visit community pharmacies and provide essential support for these customers. They also support the care provided by the Pharmacist and the pharmacy in general.
Who's It For?
- This course is suitable for you if you want to pursue a career in Community Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Assistant or a Dispensary Technician*
- This course is also suitable for those who already work in Pharmacy but do not hold a formal qualification
- You do NOT have to be currently working in Pharmacy to commence this course – see course information
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Dispensary Assistant
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Face to Face class – 1 session per week for 4 months (12 months to complete all requirements)
- Online / Print Correspondence – Complete at your own pace (12 months to complete all requirements)
- Can be completed in as little as 3 months for some people
Online and Print Correspondence Options:
- If you are currently employed in a community pharmacy as a Pharmacy Assistant (or similar)then you may use your current workplace to complete the workplace assessments
- If you are not currently working within a Community Pharmacy, then you will have to arrange some work experience (120 hours) with a Community Pharmacy
- If you have recently worked in Community Pharmacy, then the number of hours will depend on your experience and how much evidence you can provide of applying the required skills and knowledge in the workplace (in the recent past)
Face to Face Classroom
Many of the assessments in this course are undertaken under a suitable simulated environment in the classroom, however, there are some assessment requirements that can only be completed in the workplace (requires around 40 hours-SIRCDIS001 Assist customers with prescriptions).
For all options
You may commence the course prior to securing your work placement, however, you will not be able to complete the program without completing your work placement (you will have 12 months to meet all of the course requirements). We may be able to assist you in sourcing a suitable work placement, however, this is your responsibility.
We can also provide you with an Employer Pack which contains a letter of introduction and Insurance Cover.
- Up to 120 hours of work placement will be required depending on your previous studies, skills and experiences
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- Recognition of Prior Learning is available for this course
About Just Careers Training
Just Careers Training (RTO 91413) has been supporting its students with quality vocational education designed for the real world since 2008.
At JCT, it’s about the journey as well as the outcomes!
We know and specialise in Certificates in Community Pharmacy, giving our students the pathway to a rewarding career in Pharmacy.
This includes those new to Pharmacy and wanting to pursue a career in Community Pharmacy as well as refreshing, updating, confirming, recognising and formalising the skills of those that already work in a Community Pharmacy.
We have a range of options depending on your needs, preferences, experiences and situation including:
- Mixed Mode Study - if you live in Sydney then this option allows for a mixed approach to your studies including self-paced online, face-to-face support workshops and work exposure. For those that live outside of Sydney or cannot travel to our training centres, the option to join via Webinar makes this a well-structured and supported method of attaining your qualification
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are also available online for anyone anywhere in Australia so you can study whenever and wherever suits you, regardless of where you live. This option includes online study and workplace assessments, as well as the option to participate in workshops and support sessions via Webinar
- Workplace-Based Study – if you currently work in Community Pharmacy, we can assist you in refreshing, updating, confirming, recognising and formalising your skills so that you can hold the Certificate you need and that represents your skills and knowledge
Just Careers Trainings’ dedicated staff work tirelessly to ensure you will enjoy and benefit from:
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to completion
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with Pharmacy to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals
Take your first step towards a rewarding experience and career with Just Careers Training!
Just Careers Training Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO - 91413)