In 2015, Health Care and Social Assistance was the largest employing sector in Australia, representing 1,523,000 workers and accounting for 27% of total new jobs over a five year period. Employment growth is projected to remain strong, with the sector forecast to grow by 16.4% (or an estimated 250,200 more workers) to November 2020.
The community services system includes the entire disability system, child protection and family services, youth justice, public housing, homelessness, sexual assault and family violence. Social workers and community workers are the largest professional group within most of these fields.
A community worker is a person who has the knowledge, skills and values to work with individuals, families, social groups or communities in order to promote or restore social functioning.
This qualification reflects the role of entry-level community services workers who support individuals through the provision of person-centred services. Work may include day-to-day support of individuals in community settings or support the implementation of specific community-based programs.
At this level, work takes place under the direction of others and supervision may be direct or indirect. Work may take place in a range of community services organisations.
Who's It For?
This qualification reflects the role of an entry level community services worker who supports individuals through the provision of person-centred services. At this level, work takes place under the direction of others and supervision may be direct or indirect. Work may take place in a range of community services organisations.
The CHC32015 Certificate III in Community Services is intended for individuals who want to work in the community services sector, as well as for those who have some experience in the sector that want to complete vocational education to enhance their professional knowledge, skills and practice to expand career opportunities.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Community Care Worker
- Community Services Worker
- Neighbourhood Centre Worker
- Youth Worker
- Recreational Activities Officer
- Early Intervention Worker
- Social Welfare Worker
- Juvenile Justice Officer
- Welfare Support Worker
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
There are no course requirements for this qualification. It is preferred that the students have obtained a minimum of a School Certificate or equivalent.
- Access to MyKirana – Kirana Colleges virtual campus
- Work Placement Assistance – team dedicated to assisting with work placement during your course which may, in turn, to lead to future job prospects
- Welcome placement & job ready packs to assist with work placement
- 24-7 access to the Student Assistance Program (counselling support & advice, delivered by Access EAP)
- Kirana provides both telephone and face to face support
- Student support services, where students can receive support or assistance in the use of MyKirana or other administrative enquiries
- Access to leading industry trainers and assessors who care about how you progress in the course
- Flexible learning options: online or blended
- Our online learning is interactive and encourages collaboration for when you want to be inspired by like-minded students and teachers
The packaging rules state that a total number of 12 units must be completed to obtain CHC32015 Certificate III In Community Services. This includes: 5 core units and 7 elective units.
About Kirana Colleges
At Kirana Colleges we believe you can change the world by starting with yourself.
Vocational education plays a critical role in creating a strong and healthy economy by equipping people with the skills they need to succeed. Kirana Colleges provides work-ready courses and qualifications that help build Australia’s economy and help graduates reach their potential by equipping them with the skills and ‘can do’ attitude employers are looking for.
Kirana Colleges nurtures people to reach their potential and create positive change in individuals, which leads to a better society in which to live and work. We’re focused on delivering the training outcomes our students and business need to thrive.
Kirana Colleges is a subsidiary brand of Kirana Education Group.
Maxis Solutions Pty Ltd (RTO 91428) is a Registered Training Organisation and will be awarding the qualification on completion.