- This course is eligible for JobTrainer in 2021
Do you have an interest in the environment, enjoy being outdoors and hands-on work? Then this program is ideal for you. The course will equip you with comprehensive skills and knowledge to enter a range of natural resource management industries.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Natural area restoration officer
- Landcare project officer
- Conservation crew team member
- Bush regeneration program member
- Pest control crew or contractor
- Environmental team member
What You'll Learn
This course has an emphasis on practical skills and hands-on learning. Subject areas include:
- Revegetation techniques
- Seed collection
- Pest plant and animal control
- Machinery use
- Industry-specific employability skills such as workplace communications, OHS, resume writing, interviewing skills, chemical users permit
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
- 2 days per week
- Applicants must be aged 16 or over
- Applicants are expected to have an appropriate level of language, literacy and numeracy skills, which will be evaluated prior to course intake
- Apprenticeship and traineeship applicants must be currently employed under a training contract and referred by their employer
Traineeship part time 4 years
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Workplace tasks
- Written assignments
- Team projects
- Quizzes and tests
You will be expected to provide sunscreen, hat, covered shoes, sun protection, gloves, inclement weather clothing, as well as pens, pencils and a USB
Choose the location and format that’s best for you:
- Full-time or part-time, based at our East Geelong Campus.
- Full-time in Werribee, based at Werribee Park.
- As a traineeship when employed in the industry.
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)