- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding.
Become fully trained in dental assisting with a nationally recognised qualification.
The combined HLT35021 Certificate III in Dental Assisting and HLT45021 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting gives you everything you need to work as a professional dental assistant in a clinical environment.
Who's It For?
- Already working in the dental industry? These combined courses will set you up with the skills and experience you need to take your career to the next level
- Ready to kickstart your career? Earn two nationally recognised qualifications in just 24 months that will leave you fully prepared to enter the dental sector
- Want a career change? Our flexible, online courses make it easy to balance study with your current work/ life commitments and prepare for a new career pathway
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Dental assistant
- Dental therapy assistant
- Dental sterilisation nurse
- Dental receptionist
- Dental hygienist assistant
What You'll Learn
- Prepare for and assist with dental procedures
- Assist with dental radiography
- Assist with administration in dental practice
- Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- Process reusable medical devices and equipment
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Up to 24 months – up to 12 months to complete HLT35021 Certificate III in Dental Assisting and up to 12 months to complete HLT45021 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting
- Entry in HLT35021 Certificate III in Dental Assisting has no prerequisite or mandatory education requirements as specified by the training package
- Students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process
- Students must complete HLT35021 Certificate III in Dental Assisting to enter the HLT45021 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting.
- Students may need to undertake a Working with Children check to meet individual work placement employer requirements. We will assist you in organising a work placement location of your choosing
- For mandatory work placement (350 hours, including an initial 50 hours completed in simulation), students must have access to a dental practice and a qualified supervisor i.e. a person who holds Certificate III in Dental Assisting or higher relevant qualification
- To complete HLT45021 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting students will need further access to a dental practice with relevant equipment, imaging equipment, patients, and staff to complete practical activities
- During these placement activities, students must have access to a suitably qualified supervisor i.e. a person who holds a Certificate IV in Dental Assisting or higher relevant qualification
- Knowledge questions
- Case study
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study - Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length - whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support - Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses - Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number - 22557)