Take your first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling career in childcare with our Nationally Accredited qualification. The children’s services sector is one of the most fulfilling career paths you can take, where you’re not only going to be sought after by employers but changing the lives of children you care for.
- Salary: $953 Average Weekly Salary
- Job Growth: Very Strong
- Employment Size: 182,300 by 2024
- Industry Growth: 22% project growth by 2024
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Early Childhood Educator
- Family Day Care Educator
- Outside School Hours Care Educator
- Playgroup Supervisor
What You'll Learn
- Develop practical skills to care for the social, emotional, physical and educational needs of infants and young children.
- Learn how to nurture children development
- Learn to provide safe, supportive and meaningful education and care for children.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard requirements and successfully implement the approved learning framework
On successful completion of the course, students will be provided with:
- Certificate and Transcript (if the course is completed)
- Statement of Attainment (if a student is found competent in at least 1 Unit of Competency)
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 3 x 5 week blocks — Including 160 hours of work placement
The CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care consists of a range of practical tasks and in order to meet work experience and job role expectations, students should be physically, mentally and emotionally healthy to meet the duty of care obligations. For example:
- The student would need to have the ability to respond appropriately to children’s needs, remain calm in high-stress situations and interact and communicate appropriately where difficulty or danger arises
- Students should also have a reasonable level of fitness to cope with physical demands such as standing, lifting, bending, twisting and reaching
It is expected that applicants for entry to this program will:
- A minimum of year 12 or (Australian equivalent) is mandatory or Achieve an Exit Level 3 or above score within the Australian Core Skills Framework assessments in Reading and Numeracy, which will show that they have the capability to be successful in the course
Minimum Age: You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
Students will be required to complete and pass a Working with Children Check/Police Clearance in the state or territory that they are working in prior to commencing child-related work (this includes work placement).
Study with confidence:
- Nationally Recognised Qualification
- Industry Work Placement
- Support Industry
- Experienced Trainers
- Job-Ready Skills Training
- Dedicated Support and Guidance
- Government Funding
- Local Campuses
- 160 hours inclusive of 15 weeks
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- Collaboration Learning recognises that some students have had previous experience and learning whether that be working in the industry or completion of a previous course of study
- We are happy to discuss Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) with students. Each student requesting RPL will be interviewed and they should provide a portfolio of evidence to support their application and may be assessed on the job
- On-the-job assessments can be conducted to assess current skills and knowledge
- Practical-based assessments
Jacob TurnerCertificate III in Individual Support
Joanne HallCertificate IV in Ageing Support
LaelCertificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
About Collaboration Learning
Collaboration Learning is one of the leading Registered Training Organisations in Queensland, Australia. We offer Nationally Recognised Qualifications in various sectors including aged care, community services, child care, business and supply chain operations.
Our training facilities are well equipped and students learn from highly experienced trainers in a welcoming and professional environment. Our student support team and trainers are committed to guiding you from the start till the completion of your course. Whether you are a student, a job seeker looking to get job-ready or to upskill for your personal and professional development, we are dedicated to providing you with the best training outcomes to succeed in your education and career goals!
Collaboration Learning is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #52247).