The combined CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (Family Day Care) + CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care equips you with the required experience, training and expertise to work in a variety of early childhood education jobs. This course reflects the role of educators in early childhood education and care who work in regulated children’s education and care services in Australia.
Upon graduation, you will be qualified to take on various positions in early childhood education, from assistant educator to leadership roles where the duties are varied, fulfilling and crucial to childhood development. You will graduate with the skills and understanding to work in family daycare centres, preschools or kindergartens.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Family Day Care Educator
- Long Day Care Educator
- Kindergarten Assistant
- Childcare Assistant
- Early Childhood Educator
- Lead Educator
- Childcare Director
- Educational Leader
- Group Leader
- Assistant Director
What You'll Learn
- Support children’s health, safety and wellbeing
- Drive children’s holistic learning experiences
- Support children’s wellbeing and development in the context of an approved learning framework
- Design and implement curriculum while maintaining compliance with national guidelines
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care — up to 18 months
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (Family Day Care) — up to 18 months
CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (Family Day Care) must be completed before commencing CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care. Students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
Ready to make your mark?
Earn a nationally recognised qualification that will leave you prepared for an enriching, lifelong career in just three years.
Looking to change careers?
If early childhood education settings appeal, get certified through a flexible, online course that boasts strong employment opportunities upon graduating.
Want to lead the team?
With this qualification, you’ll graduate with the skills and experience to apply for coveted leadership roles n this sector.
For the CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (Family Day Care) there are 160 hours of mandatory placement. For the CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care there are 280 hours.
Students must have access to a classroom environment catering to primary or secondary school students, within at least one school in Australia, AND access to a qualified teacher who is employed at the school.
Where required, we will assist you in organising a work placement location of your choosing. Students must also apply for their Working with Children check at course commencement.
- Knowledge questions
- Case Study
To achieve the Certificate III and Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care, you must complete 32 units.
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study - Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length - whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support - Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses - Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number - 22557)