Want to become an Early Childhood Education and Care professional? If you want to be the best – then study with the best with a curriculum developed by industry experts. The CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care is a qualification that covers workers who use organisation policies, procedure and individual children’s profiles to plan activities and provide care to children, facilitating their leisure and play and enabling them to achieve their developmental outcomes. This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of early childhood education settings who work within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Early childhood educator
- Outside school hours care assistant
- Playgroup supervisor
- Recreation assistant
- Family daycare worker
What You'll Learn
- Instigate and monitor the care, education, creativity, cooperative behaviour, holistic development and health and safety of children
- Design, implement and evaluate curriculum programs to an approved learning framework
- Challenge yourself on how to think outside the square about a child’s development and apply your theoretical learning in a practical context (driven by our close attachment to regular mentoring support and assessment in the workplace)
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- New South Wales
- Byron Bay
- Central Coast NSW
Duration Study Load
Recommended Course Duration: 12 months self-paced learning
- We are specialists –unlike other colleges who offer hundreds of courses we only deliver Early Childhood Education and Care qualifications
- Exceptional trainers – highly qualified and experienced trainers who will coach you and support you to achieve amazing results
- Tailor-made resources – taking years of learning from being operators of centres into a training package that is relevant and practical (and in our humble opinion is delivered through the most innovative Learning Management system on the training market!)
- Committed to a minimum visitation schedule at early learning centres every 3 weeks (subject to lifting COVID restrictions) for the ‘on the job’ assessment for trainees, apprentices and self-funded students. We offer remote support during COVID.
The course features a work placement component (120 hours) that:
- Strengthens experience of the workplace to support future expectations of performance in the workforce
- Develops practical skills and the application of knowledge within the workplace to promote stronger embedding of learning
- Provides exposure to real workplace situations and circumstances which cannot be replicated in a learning environment/simulation.
A unit of competency specifies the knowledge and skills, and the ability to apply those skills to a standard expected within the National Quality Framework of the Childcare industry.
Students may be assessed by one or more of the following methods:
- Oral questioning
- Case study
- Multiple choice
- Written short answer
- Or any other method outlined in the course information
About Kool Kids Training College
Kool Kids Training College is a Registered Training Organization with nationally recognized qualifications specializing in providing the best quality training for the Early Childhood Education and Care sector.
We provide a supportive environment for our students so that they can achieve their professional and personal goals. Giving each student the opportunity to evolve and develop in an environment which supports and develops their strengths, aspirations and career path.
The origins of our training college are from owning and operating Kool Kids Early Learning Centres in South East Queensland and Northern New South Wales, where we were frustrated with the quality of training in our own centres and felt we must demand better training. That was 7 years ago and since that time of accreditation as an RTO, we have grown to support some of Australia's leading childcare centre groups across QLD, NSW and Victoria.
Kool Kids Training College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 40636).