- This course is only available to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents
This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of early childhood education settings who work within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard.
They support the implementation of an approved learning framework, and support children’s wellbeing, learning and development. Depending on the setting, educators may work under direct supervision or autonomously.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Childhood Educator or Assistant Educator
- Playgroup Supervisor
- Preschool Aide
- Family Day Care Educator
- Recreation Assistant
- Outside School Hours Care Assistant
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 52 Weeks
Whilst there are no entry requirements stipulated in the training package, ICV requires its participants to meet the following criteria:
- Successful completion of ICV Language, Literacy and Numeracy Test, ICV will conduct LLN entry test at the time of enrolment. The student must obtain ACSF 2 Level in LLN to enrol in this qualification
- Moderate level of computer literacy required
- Candidates must be aged 18 or older
- 140 hours of work placement
- Students MUST obtain a Working with Children Check before commencing work placement
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- Prospective students can apply for recognition of their existing skills and knowledge that is relevant to the units of competence within the program
- These skills and knowledge may have been obtained through workplace training or experience and may reduce the number of units required to be completed during the qualification
- Students are recommended to notify ICV of their interest or intention to apply for RPL prior to their enrollment
15 core units 3 elective units:
About International College of Victoria
At ICV, our passion is our students, and our goal is to provide quality educational programs and services suited to your needs. Our ultimate objective is to provide students with an environment that aids them to reach their full potential.
Our student-centric trainers are committed and passionate about making your learning experience a positive and rewarding one. They have relevant industry insight and provide quality training to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel and succeed.
Victorian Education and Training Group Pty Ltd Trading as International College Victoria (RTO#22581)