This specialised engineering course is designed for those who are entering a technical (non-trade) industry occupations. This qualification gives you an insight in how to organise and communicate information, interact with computing technology, and participate in environmentally sustainable work practices.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Engineering technician
- Engineering designer
- Engineering planner
- Engineering production assistant
- Engineering development assitant
- CAD drafter
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- New South Wales
Duration Study Load
- 2 Years
Students undertaking an apprenticeship.
Students undertaking an apprenticeship under state funding are required by the relevant state funding authority and need to:
- Be employed in an industry workplace;
- Have access to workplace equipment as part of their training and assessment; and
- Have access to workplace Supervisors as part of their training and assessment
- Outsource requires that fee-for-services students must be employed with access to a workplace, but they do not need industry experience. There is no need for students to have access to a Supervisor, and they could in fact be Supervisors themselves.
- Pre-requisite units or qualifications
- There are pre-requisite units that students must hold prior to undertaking particular units in the qualification. Those units are listed on the qualification information page on training.gov.au
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. After enrolment, you’ll need to contact Student Support so they can arrange a dedicated trainer to assess your eligibility for either RPL or CT
- This course contains a blend of both theory and practical assessments. When completing the theoretical questions, you will be answering questions that require your own thoughts and input from the concepts covered. You’ll also work on scenario-based projects and have the opportunity to build your own portfolio containing digital assets (photography, audio, video, text), which can be used when applying for jobs and/or demonstrating professional competency
- To ensure that you’re able to seamlessly access our online learning and assessment materials you’ll need access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. You’ll also need to possess basic computing skills, and may be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed
Please note the packaging rules: The minimum requirements for achievement of the Certificate III in Engineering – Technical are: Completion of the three core units of competency listed, and Completion of seven elective units of competency to bring the total of units selected to ten. Up to two appropriate electives may be chosen from other endorsed Training Packages and accredited courses where those units are available in a Certificate III.
About Outsource Institute (AUS)
Outsource Institute is a fully Australian owned Metals and Engineering training provider (RTO- registered training organisation) the learning environment we use is your workplace.
Having partnered with industry for over 20 years, we are at the forefront of what skills and knowledge is needed in the metals and engineering sector and we make it our business to deliver it both directly and through industry partnerships with Weld Australia, Custom Fluid Power, SMC Corporation (Australia) Pty Ltd and Workforce Success.
These established industry partnerships offer a complete solution to all your needs in:
WELDING SUPERVISION TICKET 10, AS 1796-2001 PRESSURE VESSELS AND AS 2214-2004 STRUCTURAL STEEL
WELDING CERTIFICATES TICKETS 1 TO 9 AS 1796-2001
REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING
AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY
MOBILE PLANT TECHNOLOGY
HEAVY COMMERCIAL VEHICLE MECHANICAL TECHNOLOGY
Specialised skill sets
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
Outsource Institute of Technology Pty Ltd is Registered Training Organisation (RTO #31560)