Are you employed full time but thinking about starting your own small business? Do you have a great idea and need the know-how to take it from concept to reality? This nationally recognised qualification will teach you how to investigate and assess small business opportunities to get you started towards realising your dream.
You’ll develop the knowledge to create proposals, arrange finances and develop a digital action plan. Through the course, you’ll also build “real world” skills to establish business networks, and apply critical thinking skills to common challenges in establishing a viable business. The qualification is designed for both those looking to launch a small business venture, and new small business owners who want to develop their skills for growth.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- This course includes 10 units of competency (4 core and 6 elective) and is delivered over five teaching periods of eight weeks in duration. Students enrolled in the qualification will undertake two units of competency at a time over eight weeks
- There’s a maximum of up to 12 months allowed to complete all units and assessments in the qualification
- The total time it takes to complete the course usually depends on your previous experience, how much time you have available between work commitments, and the pace you prefer to study at
- You’ll be supported by a dedicated trainer with access learning resources at your fingertips, and connect with other students working through the same course
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course. To support you to successfully complete the qualification you must meet the following entry requirements:
- Aged 18 at the time of enrolment, or turning 18 within 6 months of commencing the course. Applicants under the age of 18 must have their enrolment paper work witnessed by a parent or guardian
- Entry into this course is dependent on successful completion of Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment
- All of our courses are delivered in English, if English is your second language you may need to provide results of an English language test that you have recently undertaken. We require proof of your English language capabilities to ensure that you can understand the course content and assessment requirements
- Minimum computer literacy standards as well as unrestricted access to the internet. You must have knowledge of and access to Office 365 as well as the ability to record video assessments
- Eligibility to provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI) at enrolment
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment pathway that enables you to demonstrate competence from prior experience and learning
- RPL applications require a portfolio of evidence which will be assessed, together with a competency conversation or skills test/check
Undertaking this qualification will require you to complete a range of assessments to assess your competency against the performance criteria. Assessments have been designed with a focus on workplace outputs.
A variety of assessment methods are used:
- Assessing theoretical and applied knowledge
- Assessing the application of skills through projects, scenarios and demonstrations
- Gathering evidence that shows your ability to perform key tasks
Each assessment method provides a different type of evidence. Taken together, the complete assessment provides a holistic view of your ability to perform competently and confidently to the level set down in the Competency Standards. To be issued with a qualification testamur students must be deemed competent in each unit of competency and meet all requirements of the course.
MiTraining is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID 45183) offering short courses, nationally accredited qualifications and special interest workshops in business, management and leadership topics.
As a leading Australian provider of business and management skills training, our focus is to help people skill up and step up in their chosen field.
MiTraining Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 45183)