- This Fee-for-Service program is NOT available for Government funding
If your ultimate career goal is to become a personal trainer, using your pre-requisite Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30315) qualification to get started as an instructor on the gym floor or in a group exercise studio is a great way to start earning while you’re still learning.
Build relationships and warm up your future client base as you study your Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40215), which is the minimum qualification you will need to become a personal trainer.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Personal Trainer
- Gym Instructor
- Group Exercise Instructor
- Older Adults Instructor
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Melbourne CBD
- New South Wales
- Sydney CBD
Duration Study Load
Minimum 36 Weeks:
- Depending on selected study modes, students may have a minimum 13 weeks to complete the Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30315) and a minimum 26 weeks to complete the Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40215) from the point of their enrolment to complete all their study requirements including assessments and internship
- Aged 18 years or over to enrol
- Completion of Australian Year 10 or equivalent and be able to provide evidence of such
- Achieve competency in Exit Level 2 score and working at Level 3 within the Australian Core Skills Framework assessment in Literacy and Numeracy
In the Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30315), online students are required to complete a 15-hour workplace internship with a trainer of their choice. On campus, students will cover all Certificate III in Fitness workplace hours whilst on campus. In the Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40215), all students will complete a 25-hour internship with a qualified personal trainer of their choice.
Throughout both the Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30315) and the Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40215), students will be required to complete a series of online assessments in the form of multiple choice, short answer assessments and case studies. Practical components are assessed in a variety of ways. In the Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30315), all on-campus students will complete the practical elements during attendance at on-campus classes. Online students will complete the practical components through participation in a 15-hour workplace internship with an exercise instructor of their choosing, as well as attendance at a 2-day practical weekend assessment. Online students must complete the workplace internship prior to attending the practical assessment days.
In the Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40215), on-campus students will meet practical requirements through attendance at on-campus classes, as well as a 25-hour workplace internship with a personal trainer of their choice. Online students will complete practical requirements by completing a 25-hour workplace internship with a personal trainer of their choice, as well as attendance at a 2-day practical weekend assessment. Online students must complete the workplace internship prior to attending the practical assessment days.
About FIA Fitnation
FIA Fitnation is Australia’s longest running fitness education provider with over 45 combined years’ experience. We’ve equipped thousands of fitness professionals to pursue an exciting and rewarding career in the health and fitness industry. Our graduates chose us because we offer the most up to date teaching, the highest quality educators, and have excellent graduate career outcomes. Whether you choose to study on campus or online we look forward to assisting you in your study and career journey.
How we focus on empowering and equipping you to be the fitness professional you know you can be:
People come first
We understand that every student has unique motivations for studying and varying life commitments.
To allow you to fit study around work and life you can study online/on campus or a combination.
Industry best educators
We carefully select educators to ensure our students are learning from highly qualified and experienced industry professionals. All our staff are committed to fitness and health so you’ll receive inspired and passionate teaching, drawn from a wealth of technical knowledge and applied experience. Our educators come from diverse backgrounds and include Exercise Physiologists, Sports Scientists, Physiotherapists, Nutritionists and Chefs.
We’re proudly independent
Though we’ve got close industry ties and partnerships with organisations like NSWIS, Vision Personal Training, Fitness First, Snap Fitness, Health Wise and more, we’re not tied to one organisation. This means you’ll receive the most unbiased information and opportunities.
Career outcomes and pathways
Our Careers Consultants will help you choose the qualification for the career you want.
FIA Fitnation is a trading name of Australian College of Natural Medicine Pty Ltd which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 31489)