- This course has QLD government funding only. All other states is fee-for-service.
The Certificate III in Hospitality provides the opportunity for students to become skilled operators who use a range of well-developed hospitality skills. Students who complete this course will be able to enter into the hospitality field with a sound knowledge of industry operations. They will work with some independence and under limited supervision and may provide operational advice and support to team members.
Students will grasp a thorough understanding of core skills used in the hospitality field. These include administration, covering spreadsheets, business documents and sourcing industry information, client and customer service skills, communication including social and cultural sensitivity and coaching others and work safety.
Students successfully completing this course may enter further study at the Diploma level at CTI or an Australian Apprenticeship pathway. Individuals may progress to SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality receiving 3 Units of Credit into that program or could progress to a wide range of other qualifications in hospitality or broader service industries.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Reception Front Desk Staff
- Houskeeper (Hotel/Motel)
- Bar Attendant
- Gaming Attendant
What You'll Learn
- An understanding of core business skills used in the hospitality sector. From administrative duties, customer service producing documents & working with food, the CTI Certificate III will give you the confidence to step up to managerial tasks & problem solve related issues
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- This course is offered in-class at their Brisbane campus, however it can be completed online too
- An overall equivalent IELTS 5.5 or equivalent and above
- Students enrolled in the Certificate III in Hospitality course must complete a mandatory work placement of 36 shifts
- Students are required to source their own work placements
- Students successfully completing this course may enter further study at Diploma level at CTI or an Australian Apprenticeship pathway. Individuals may progress to SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality receiving 3 Units of Credit into that program or could progress to a wide range of other qualifications in hospitality or broader service industries, or Certificate IV qualifications in other service industry fields
Unit Cluster 1: Administration 2, Unit Cluster 2: Client and Customer Service Skills 2, Unit Cluster 3: Communication 2, Unit Cluster 4: Work Safety 2
About Canterbury Technical Institute
Canterbury Technical Institute is a part of Canterbury Education Group which offers many years of experience delivering vocational courses in the international arena. We are located in the centre of Brisbane's CBD within comfortable walking distance of the city's main transport, education, sports, government and tourist facilities.
Our excellent team of trainers boast a wealth of relevant knowledge and experience on each of the subject we deliver. Our programs have been specifically designed to cater to the needs of both domestic and international students and are nationally recognised under the AQF. Our fully qualified academic staff and caring administrative team offer our students a nurturing environment and atmosphere conducive to their studies. State of the art classrooms and laboratory facilities ensure we support our progressive learning environment.
Canterbury Technical Institute is a 'Registered Training Organisation' (RTO) that operates wholly within the VET Quality Framework.