This nationally recognized, Free TAFE course opens doors to a compassionate healthcare career, offering numerous benefits and promising rewards. If you possess strong people skills and a caring nature, this opportunity is perfect for you.
In the disability specialization, you’ll gain the expertise to work effectively with individuals having disabilities in community or residential settings. By enrolling, you’ll develop essential skills to:
- Communicate and collaborate within health and community services.
- Deliver personalized support.
- Identify and understand healthy body systems.
- Interact with diverse populations.
- Foster independence and well-being.
- Adhere to safe work practices and ethical standards.
With two specializations in disability and aging, you can choose one or both, significantly enhancing your employment prospects. Take the first step towards a rewarding healthcare career today.
What You'll Learn
- Learn to communicate and work in health or community services
- Provide individualised support
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Work with diverse people
- Support independence and wellbeing
- Follow safe work practices
- Work legally and ethically
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Full-time: 5 Months
- A current police check is required.
- Applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3 to meet the academic requirements for the course.
- Applicants must be aged 16 years or over at the time of course commencement.
- You must reside in Victoria to access Victorian Government Subsidised Fees and any incentive such as Job Trainer. Full fees apply to all non-Victorian residents.
120 hours of work placement is required in this course, organised by The Gordon. You will complete placement over 4 weeks, for 3-4 days per week. Hours will be either from 7.00 am – 3.00 pm or 3.00 pm – 9.00 pm.
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)