This Nationally Accredited Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability), will give you the skills and knowledge to work in the Disability care industry and support those who are most vulnerable!
Work in one of the most rewarding careers by providing guidance and support those with disabilities with everyday tasks and achieve their personal goals.
When you enrol into this course, you will learn how to:
- Provide support to clients to assist them with their everyday tasks
- Facilitate the empowerment of people living with a disability
- Incorporate the concepts and practices you have learnt within your work placement
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Care Assistant
- Care Service Employee
- Residential Aide
- Disability Care Worker
- Home Care Assistant
- Residential Support Worker
- Nurse’s Aide
- Food Service Delivery
- Transport Support Worker
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Gold Coast
Duration Study Load
- 12 Weeks (8 weeks of classroom face-to-face training + 4 weeks of work placement)
- There are no entry requirements for this qualification. It is preferred that the students have obtained a minimum of a school certificate or equivalent
- Students should also have the physical ability to stand, lift and bend to allow them to complete their required tasks
- Students must pass the Police check in the state or territory you are planning to work in, prior to work placement
- Students must have vaccinations against infectious disease prior to work placement
- This course requires 120 hours of supervised work placement in an approved registered care organisation
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- You may apply to have previous courses, formal qualifications, knowledge, work experience and/or life experiences assessed for credit or exemption towards this course. Please contact us for more information
Our courses involve a combination of classroom and online learning, practical sessions, research and project work plus work placement.
Students are required to attend classroom based face-to-face training. We utilise a range of assessment methods including role plays, written assessments, skills demonstration, projects, presentations, training records and work samples for the assessment of competency.
After achieving this qualification, you may undertake:
- CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
About KCA Education
At KCA Education we believe you can change the world by starting with yourself.
At KCA Education, we’re about growing people and creating positive change in individuals, which leads to a better society in which to live and work. Many of our students go on to become future leaders. We believe that everyone has potential and by growing people in the right way, we can change the world. We’re focused on delivering the training outcomes our students and business need to thrive.
Training can make a real difference in a student’s life, which is why premium education services provided by KCA ensures our students are skilled and prepared to take on what the world has to offer. Our courses are built to help our students pursue their goals, become job ready, find new paths and embark on their dream career.
KCA Education is A Registered Training Organisation (RTO #91341)