- Enrol today and get up to 20% off all courses!
Secure a career in information technology.
Our ICT30120 Certificate III in Information Technology – Elective Focus Basic Cyber Security is ideal for anyone wanting to start a career in information technology. The skills and knowledge you will learn in this course are in very high demand – Cyber Security Ventures estimates rapid growth in jobs worldwide, with 3.5 million job opportunities expected in coming years.
This course provides foundational and essential industry skills that are transferable across multiple sectors, and specialisations that suit your individual career goals. Gain skills including critical thinking and problem solving, as well as the knowledge to protect computer operating systems, networks and data from the constant threat of cyber-attacks. You’ll also learn how to monitor systems and report or apply actions in order to mitigate threats as they happen.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Junior Security Analyst
- ICT Technician
- IT Support Officer
What You'll Learn
- Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- Identify and report online security threats
- Install and optimise operating system software
- Other benefits of completing an IT certificate with AIICT
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
- Recognition of the knowledge and skills you have worked hard to obtain
- Develop and master the skills you need to progress your career in IT
- Solidify and achieve recognition for the on-the-job skills and experience you have developed to date
- Opportunity to use your existing knowledge and previous training to develop further tangible knowledge and skills
- Provides clear pathways for higher education and ongoing career development
Industry Partner Program
From learning to learning!
The new AIICT Industry Partner Program is designed to provide you with the tools you need to launch a fulfilling and well-paid IT career.
By enrolling in the course, you will be eligible to take part in the Industry Partner Program, where we connect you with those recruiting for front-line roles in the market.
* Collaboration with our industry partners does not guarantee employment
About Australian Institute of ICT
At The Australian Institute of ICT you get to study your way; from anywhere, at any time. Its industry-recognised qualifications aim for you to hit the ground running as soon as you graduate. Stretch your problem-solving skills with a forward-thinking course from the Australian Institute of ICT. These courses are taught by experts in their respective fields; they will share their skills and experiences from working in the IT industry and apply this to the concepts in your course. Together with your trainers, its Student Support Team will make sure you are supported each step of the way: guiding you through your subjects to lead you towards finishing what you started. You will also have access to a supportive online community of peers to fuel discussion over coursework and assessment pieces. You may be working remotely, but you’ll never feel alone.
Everthought College of Construction Pty Ltd (ECOC) trading as Australian Institute of ICT (AIICT), RTO Number 51681