Get ready for a career in IT (or ICT) with employability skills that will enable you to work in a number of diverse roles within the IT industry. This might include network and systems administration, web and digital media technologies, programming or software applications.
Install Operating Systems
Kick it off with learning how to take an empty shell of a computer and load it up with some Windows goodness and make it ready for use in a workplace.
Defend against Cyber Attacks
Don’t be a victim of cybercrime. Learn how to set up a company so they can store and share data securely. Did you know that even sending an SMS can put the whole organisation at risk?
We’ll get you started at the very beginning with some basics and then you’ll make a game with python.
Run system diagnostics
Troubleshoot system problems on multiple platforms and conduct preventative maintenance.
Administer operating systems
Manage a computer system for a solo client or server including backup, restore, security and licenses.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Help Desk Officer or Assistant
- ICT Operations Support Officer
- ICT or PC Technician
What You'll Learn
- Learn the skills you need to develop as an advanced ICT user and qualify for entry-level ICT roles. This course helps you explore a variety of ICT technical functions and choose a specialty that suits you.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Study while at school
- Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- Do you already have skills in IT? If so, you could be holding a nationally recognised qualification. Getting your IT certificate is easy and you can do it right from your desk. Using our online skills recognition tool, we can easily take you step by step through proving your skills without you having to leave your home or office
- Our online trainer will guide you through the recognition process one simple step at a time. They will ask you some questions to prove your knowledge on each subject, and then you’ll have the to opportunity demonstrate your skills and upload your evidence from your own computer
- Providing references, your resume or work history, and examples of work you have done will also help the recognition process and our trainer will give you opportunities to include these as evidence
- You don’t have to know it ALL to enrol in a skills recognition course. For every subject that you CAN prove your skills, we can give you a nationally recognised credit in that course. So even if you don’t quite have all the skills, we can provide you with credits on the subjects that you do, and offer training on anything you might need further assistance with a simple upgrade to our course content for any units that require it
What you’ll need:
- A computer with Windows 10 or 11 with audio (headphones are recommended)
- A printer
- Microsoft Office 2013 or 2016 (recommended). This includes Office365 users. LearnMe will provide you with a FREE Office 365 Student Licence for the duration of your course. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications are compatible with PC and Apple devices
- A broadband internet connection for downloading and uploading files
- For your assessments, you will need to complete various projects which require you to access social media websites, install free software and record your screen using free screen recording software. If the software is blocked on your network you can use an alternative recording method such as a smartphone to record and upload to YouTube for assessments that require it
- Access to a digital device such as a smartphone
- Access to a workplace for the purpose of answering workplace-related questions. (This can be a school or even a home office.)
- A digital still camera. (A smart phone can be used but a dedicated camera is preferred.)
- A can do attitude!
Dominic LynchIT Administrator
Deanne RugeHead of Department
- Online Traineeships in Certificate III are now available and you may be eligible for funding towards this qualification. Traineeships are a great way to a foot in the door of an ICT job get your career moving.
LearnMe is an Australian RTO serving you the student so you can access innovative educational pathways to fast-track your learning and qualification process.
LearnMe has a flexible and personalised approach to your training and educational journey. This innovative approach creates an educational pathway that supports you, as you enjoy the process of learning about technology, in both an academic and practical ‘hands-on’ experience. Students receive personalised attention and assistance from instructors in the areas of study that are less familiar to them.
The benefits of the LearnMe approach are dramatic. LearnMe students are able to accelerate over areas where they have existing skills and knowledge, thereby reducing the study time required to complete their qualification. This results in higher student completion rates and greater levels of customer satisfaction.
LearnMe creates an enjoyable and supportive learning experience for you by combining the most current and efficient training technologies and qualification pathways with outstanding customer service and personalised attention.
LearnMe has a skilled team of dedicated trainers and staff who are committed to going the extra mile for each student to ensure that you receive prompt and courteous assistance.
Studying with LearnMe you will be part of a vision and learning community that is well on its way to becoming the international ‘gold standard’ for flexible learning and education.
LearnMe is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #31449)