- This is a free TAFE course
This nationally recognised, Free TAFE course, offers the chance to transform your love of education and helping kids, into a career. Amplify your unique talent for helping others, while making a difference in the lives of young people, by enhancing the learning experience for students, alleviating the workload of teachers, and creating a more inclusive and effective educational environment overall.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Teacher’s aide
- Education support worker
- Integration aide
- Teacher assistant
- Learning support assistant
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Full-time: 1 year
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over at the time of course commencement
- Literacy skill level 3 and Numeracy Skill Level 3
- You must reside in Victoria to access any relevant Victorian Government Subsidised Fees
- Students will be required to undertake a Working with Children Check prior to undertaking any practical placement components
Dependent on the school where placement is undertaken, certain vaccinations may also be required
- You must reside in Victoria to access Victorian Government Subsidised Fees and any incentive such as Free TAFE. Full fees apply to all non-Victorian residents.
Each student must complete a pre-training review as part of their application. The outcome of your pre-training review assists our teachers and trainers in better understanding your capabilities prior to training and enables you to be matched to the right program. Your literacy and numeracy skills will be evaluated and you may be required to undertake a separate assessment. Follow this link for more information about literacy and numeracy skills.
Students will need to undertake a mandatory 100 hours of placement in an approved school. Students can undertake a practical placement in any government, Catholic, private or independent school (primary or secondary) as approved by The Gordon.
- Workplace Tasks
- Written assignments
- Completion of work placement
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)