The BSB42315 Cert IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability is a formal, nationally recognised qualification designed and developed in response to the growing market demand.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working in a variety of roles within the environmental management and sustainability sector who have a sound theoretical knowledge base in environmental management and demonstrate a range of managerial skills to ensure that environmental management and sustainability functions are effectively conducted in an organisation or business area.
Who's It For?
The BSB42315 Cert IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability is a highly comprehensive course ideal for those professional looking to upskill and accelerate their career; business owners seeking to build their skillset; and newcomers looking to begin a career in environmental sustainability.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Sustainability Manager
- Office Manager (Occupational Health and Safety Responsibility)
- Occupational Health and Safety Consultant
- Sustainability Officer
- Occupational Health and Safety Advisor
- Occupational Health and Safety Officer
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
The course is designed to be completed within 26 weeks.
Assessments are completed in the student’s own time and may include practical exercises and evaluative tools
To offer maximum flexibility for individuals and organisations, the Cert IV in environmental management and sustainability is available with the following study options:
- Online Study
- Studying online has never been easier or more convenient than through ACBI’s state-of-the-art virtual Moodle portal. Students gain access to online learning materials, recorded webinars for content and assessments, case studies, learner guides, interactive learning videos, learning tasks, resources, relevant reading material and practice questions, all working to guiding and training the learner to successfully complete the course requirements. You can take each step of your qualification through a flexible learning schedule, connect with others through online forums, and receive online learning support from ACBI’s Student Support and facilitator teams
- If you have several people wanting to study the Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability, ACBI can develop a program for your organisation based on your industry needs. The course structure for each delivery mode may vary slightly, so please speak with an ACBI representative
- Every student will have an initial interview to assess their individual learning needs and their language, literacy and numeracy skills
- Completed Australian Year 12 or equivalent
- IELTS 5.5 English language equivalence if a non-native English speaker
- Be aged over 18
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to effectively analyse the workplace in relation to environmentally sustainable work practices and to implement improvements and monitor their effectiveness. It applies to individuals with responsibility for a specific area of work or who lead a work group or team and addresses the knowledge, processes and techniques necessary to implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices, including the development of processes and tools.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to interpret requirements of an organisational environmental management plan and effectively implement it. It applies to individuals who are responsible for sustainability, either as their primary duty or as a part of a work role.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to reduce carbon emissions by effectively measuring, analysing and reducing resource use. It applies to individuals who are responsible for developing workplace plans and strategies that comply with legislative and best practice requirements.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to develop waste management practices which support sustainable use of resources. It applies to individuals who are responsible for sustainability, either as their primary duty or as a part of a work role.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to assist with establishing and maintaining workplace compliance with work health and safety (WHS) laws. It includes identifying applicable WHS laws, duties, rights and obligations, and the necessary actions to ensure WHS compliance in the workplace. It also includes assisting with providing advice about the legislative duties, rights and obligations of individuals and parties prescribed in WHS laws and those of WHS regulators. The unit applies to those working in a broad range of WHS roles across all industries
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to undertake a structured review and analysis of data relating to energy use, and to plan for and implement energy efficiency in a small business or work area within a larger organisation. It applies to individuals who use analytical and problem-solving skills and take responsibility for adopting and promoting approaches to improve energy efficiency.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to identify risks and to apply established risk management processes to a defined area of operations that are within the responsibilities and obligations of the role. It applies to individuals with a broad knowledge of risk analysis or project management who contribute well developed skills in creating solutions to unpredictable problems through analysis and evaluation of information from a variety of sources. They may have responsibility to provide guidance or to delegate aspects of these tasks to others. In this unit, risks applicable within own work responsibilities and area of operation, may include projects being undertaken individually or by a team, or operations within a section of the organisation.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to effectively use rating tools to obtain a sustainability rating. It applies to individuals who are responsible for implementing sustainability practices, either as their primary duty or as a part of a work role.
About Australian College of Business Intelligence
Our vision is to be a leading provider of vocational education for domestic and overseas students in the area of business and digital technologies, with leading-edge training responsive to current industry practice and guided by local and global responsibility.
Australian Institute of Business Intelligence Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #40835)