This qualification reflects the job roles of workers in the accounting industry, including BAS Agents and contract bookkeepers; and of those employees performing bookkeeping tasks for organisations in a range of industries. It includes preparing and lodging business and instalment activity statements, and providing advice or dealing with the Commissioner on behalf of a taxpayer in relation to activity statements. Individuals in these roles apply theoretical and specialist knowledge and skills to work autonomously, and exercise judgement in completing routine and non-routine activities.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Accounts Clerk
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Payroll Assistant
- Debtors Clerk
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 52 weeks including holidays
- Online delivery
- Weekend classes
- Completion of year 11 or equivalent. (Subject to the assessment and approval of Baxter Institute Admission team.)
- Applicants must be 18 years of age and above
- Successful completion of Pre-training review (PTR)
- LLN Level 4
- Work functions in the occupational areas where this qualification may be used are subject to regulatory requirements. Refer to the FNS Financial Services Training Package Companion Volume Implementation Guide or the relevant regulator for specific guidance on requirements
- Persons providing a business activity statement (BAS) service for a fee or other reward must be registered by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) and this qualification is currently cited as meeting the TPB education requirements for registration. Other conditions apply, including a designated period of experience. Persons seeking BAS agent registration should check current registration requirements with the TPB, as registration requirements are reviewed regularly
About Australian Technical and Management College
Australian Technical and Management College (ATMC) is located in the heart of Melbourne. We are proud of our reputation as a leader in vocational training, with modern facilities, equipment, and professional staff who demonstrate a level of expertise appropriate to their fields.
All training is focused on preparing students for work. This is achieved by combining the extensive training experience that ATMC brings to its training departments with an impressive array of industry training environments, enabling students to gain valuable industry experience.
ATMC ’s Training is focused primarily on practical application. The goal of all training is to support students to join the workforce as soon as possible. At ATMC we provide you with the greatest opportunities for a successful career.
Australian Technical and Management College Pty Ltd is a registered training organisation (RTO 22158).