- This course is eligible for JobTrainer and Free TAFE in 2021
Are you looking for a career as an accountant or bookkeeper and interested in helping businesses manage their numbers? Then this is the course to take you there.
You will learn about BAS statements, operational reporting, and preparing budgets, classifying, recording and reporting. This course will equip you to work in a diverse range of industries or help you to manage a small office. You will also meet the current educational requirements to register with the Tax Practitioners Board.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Accounts Clerk
- Office Manager
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 6 months
- 5 days per week
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon will utilise Gordon Online, our digital learning management system. Classes will be delivered using audio-visual delivery methods to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation.
- Applicants must be aged 17 or over
- Applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 12 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 4
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)