- Government funding is available in Victoria for eligible applicants only.
This qualification will develop your practical skills and knowledge to develop services and programs to meet the emotional, physical and social needs of people within an aged care or residential setting.
You will learn how to design and deliver programs that are accessible and enhance community integration, and develop an understanding of the legal and ethical requirements for working in residential aged care and community services sectors. The management skills embedded within this qualification increase opportunity to advance within the sector in a management role, further study options after completion include Diploma level in Nursing.
- You MUST be an Australian/ New Zealand Citizen or Resident AND
- Do NOT hold a Certificate IV or above qualification in any field of study
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Aged Care Support Worker
- Disability Support Worker
- Community Support Worker
What You'll Learn
The Certificate IV in Ageing Support addresses the requirements to work primarily in residential facilities and supporting care roles within the community services sector, under direct supervision or regular supervision within clearly defined organisational guidelines and service plans. It will equip you to capably and skillfully undertake a range of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Activities relating to maintaining an individual’s well being through personal care and/or other activities of living;
- Services to individuals with complex needs, and/or work with groups of older people;
- Support to promote independence and community participation;
- Reporting to service managers and liaising with professionals and other service providers;
- Ability to supervise and/or coordinate a limited number of other workers.
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Course Duration: 6 months
- Practical placement: 120 hours
- Classroom face to face sessions led by a trainer
- Student learning material
- Practical experience in a simulated environment
- Collaborative learning – classroom discussions
- Supervised practical placement hours
Note: COVID-19 may impact classroom-based learning, online delivery will take place as needed.
Successful completion of a Certificate IV level Pre-Training Review as per the enrolment process.
- This program is designed to provide training for people to enhance their continued education and employment prospects through the development of skills and knowledge
- Students have access to hands-on training in a simulated environment, well preparing them for further success in their workforce
- This program enables students to gain practical experience working in an aged care environment. This provides opportunities for students to consolidate their learning
You will be required to undertake 120 hours of work placement within an aged care facility.
We will support you with securing suitable Work Placement.
- Demonstration of knowledge through a combination of written, practical and verbal assessments
- Demonstration of activities in an appropriately simulated environment, in an appropriate range of situations
- Practical placement assessment in an aged care facility
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003 Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE002 Implement falls prevention strategies
- CHCHCS001 Provide home and community support services
- CHCCCS017 Provide loss and grief support
About Australian Healthcare Qualifications and Training
Providing high-quality training programs, we identify the skills and needs of every student and train them accordingly. The experience of making the life of the disadvantaged as comfortable as possible is certainly a pride in itself. However, this job is highly demanding and requires much more than mere determination. For this reason, at Australian Healthcare Qualifications & Training, we offer top quality health care training programs, dedicated to shaping the future of individuals who want to make a difference in someone’s life.
Australian Healthcare Qualifications and Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID: 21436)