The Certificate IV in Ageing Support is developed for those that are currently employed in the Aged Care sector and are seeking professional or career development, as well as those that are looking to expand their career in a growing sector.
The Certificate IV in Ageing Support is a nationally recognised qualification, learners will learn how to maintain and provide personal care and assistance to clients in an Aged Care residential facility. This includes providing effective support, communication, behaviour management, sector information requirements, safety procedures and cultural sensitivity.
This qualification is available to learners already in the workplace, enabling learners to further their knowledge and career while continuing to work in a position in the sector.
Our experienced and supportive Aged Care trainers will be with you every step of the way delivering quality and relevant Aged Care training, and learning opportunities.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Personal Care Worker
- Care Supervisor
- Program Co-ordinator – Social Programs
- Care Team Leader
- Support Worker
- Day Activity Worker
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 14 months
- Learners who wish to commence this program should be currently employed in a community services organisation.
- To commence this program, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet the required standards for ACSF LEVEL 3.
- You need to provide a current National Police Check (VIC or NSW depending on where you are commencing your course) or you must provide evidence that you have applied for a police check in your respective state as soon as possible.
- Evidence of flu and/or COVID-19 vaccination is required to undertake practical placement in an aged care setting. For more information, check with your state health department website
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- Selmar Institute of Education provides Recognition of Prior learning
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) allows assessment of the student’s previously unrecognised skills and knowledge
About Selmar Institute of Education
Selmar Institute of Education is one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations (RTO), with over 15 years’ experience educating over 32,000 learners.
As a specialist education provider in early childhood, before and after school and aged care, our human-centred training is designed to enable learners to gain the knowledge, professional skills and confidence to make a difference in these essential sectors. Providing fully accredited courses for both distance and in the workplace, our learners gain sector relevant skills supported by real-life practical and hands-on experience.
Wherever our learners are on their learning journey, our structured yet unique approach supports each learner with their different needs and circumstances, ensuring they become equipped to make a positive, caring and compassionate impact to their personal and workplace environment. Our team of passionate, supportive and knowledgeable trainers can also help organise practical placement and are with learners from start to finish, helping unlock their potential, achieve their goals and thrive in their career.
Education inspired by care and compassion.
Selmar Institute of Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 121531)