This nationally recognised agribusiness course has been designed to equip you with business skills to develop and implement the administrative and operational requirements associated with agricultural production and services. This course is suited to individuals who may be required to supervise and lead other workers or teams and be involved in some decision-making. Work may take place in a range of industry sectors and complex, regularly changing environments.
The Program has been designed in consultation with industry leaders within the agribusiness profession. It includes industry engagement, case studies and field trips to develop your networking and decision-making skills that will enable you to manage and direct an agricultural enterprise successfully.
Blended delivery combines online content with face to face workshops, and is self-paced learning. This unique delivery helps with learning and embedding of learning practices. Participants will undertake a minimum of 10 -15 hours of study per week, for the duration of the course. This includes reading, research and completion of activities in preparation of the workshops.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Agribusiness administrator
- Assistant Farm manager supervisor
- Production manager
- Manager small farm production
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- East Geelong
Duration Study Load
- Part-time: 12 months
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon is utilising Gordon Online, our digital learning management system to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation. Classes are being delivered live (in real-time) using audio-visual delivery methods. Where on-campus attendance is required to complete practical learning and assessments, student numbers are being managed to ensure social distancing can be observed.
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over
- To meet the academic requirements for the course, applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
- Applicants must have relevant experience in the Agribusiness sector
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Questions and answers (written or verbal)
- Observation / Practical demonstration
- Evidence Portfolio
- Project / Assignment / Case study
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)