If you like working with people, have great communication skills and love all things beauty (and a bit of science), becoming a beauty therapist could be your calling.
Training takes place in The Hair Beauty Make-up studio providing a hands-on environment developing a range of beauty treatment skills-beauty and facial treatments, body massage, manicure and pedicure services, make-up, tanning, lash and brow services, waxing including nutrition, skin biology, physiology and cosmetic chemistry. The practical skills you learn will help you gain employment in the beauty industry.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Beauty therapist
- Salon owner/manager
- Skin care sales representative
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 1 year
- 3 days per week
- Applicants must be aged 17 or over
- Applicants are expected to have literacy at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3 and numeracy skills at Year 10 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 2
- Apprenticeship and traineeship applicants must be currently employed under a training contract and referred by their employer
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), formally recognises a person’s existing skills and knowledge towards the achievement of a nationally recognised qualification or statement of attainment.
Skills may have been gained through:
- Work experience
- Formal training and education (you may be eligible for a credit transfer)
- Informal training and education
- General life experience
- Voluntary work
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Workplace tasks
- Written assignments
- Industry placement
- Team projects
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)