- This course is eligible for JobTrainer and Free TAFE in 2021
If you are looking to move into estimating/supervision roles within the domestic building industry this course will prove to be a valuable tool.
During this course, currently run using MBAV resources and support, you will learn estimating principles, legal obligations, structural principles, OHS obligations, sustainability principles, low rise contract administration and small business financial management.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Building supervisor
- Contracts Administration
What You'll Learn
This course is currently run using MBAV resources and support, and covers subjects in:
• Estimating Principles
• Legal Obligations
• Structural principles
• OHS Obligations
• Sustainability Principles
• Low Rise Contract Administration
• Small Business Financial Management
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Hoppers Crossing
Duration Study Load
Part-time: 12 months
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon is utilising Gordon Online, our digital learning management system to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation. Classes are being delivered live (in real-time) using audio-visual delivery methods. Where on-campus attendance is required to complete practical learning and assessments, student numbers are being managed to ensure social distancing can be observed.
- Applicants must be aged 17 or over at the time of course commencement
- Applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Written assignments
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)