The Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) CPC40110 qualification is the perfect step forward for anyone looking to grow their career or business within the residential and commercial building and construction sector. It is the perfect start if you want to apply for an Industry Builders Licence* or Low-Rise Builders Licence*.
Low-rise construction is one of the leading growth sectors in Australia and has been for many years. Completion of this nationally accredited qualification will provide you with the knowledge and validation to move towards becoming a registered builder in most Australian states. With this qualification, you’ll gain the skills and knowledge to potentially start your own business, run multiple building sites under your licence* and take advantage of this qualification, or scale your current business through the ability to quote and take on your own low-rise residential projects.
*Please refer to your state building authority for further details regarding the licence application.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Registered Builder* (QLD, VIC, NSW, SA)
- Construction Company Director (owner)
- Construction CEO
- Senior Operations Manager in Construction
- Construction Consultant
- Site Supervisor
- Leading hand
What You'll Learn
- Plan building construction work, apply structural principles and supervise on-site construction works
- Apply building codes and standards, manage legal requirements, maintain industry quality and understand building regulations
- Gain valuable business skills such as how to manage contracts and small business finances
- Pivotal skills to support the growth and development of any business
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Up to 18 months
Recognition of prior learning
You might be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for your previous work or study, saving you time and money on your course. Ask our team about eligibility.
Self-paced online study
Online learning provides options for participants to learn in a self-paced environment. Perfect for those with busy schedules. Our philosophy is, Learn, Develop, Improve. Anytime. Anywhere!
Need customised study options? We have tailored options to meet you or your staff needs. Ask our experienced consultants how we can tailor a program to meet your busy schedule, lifestyle, and budget.
- It is a mandatory requirement that participants registering for full training in the Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) CPC40110 must be actively working in the building and construction industry throughout the duration of this program
- This does not apply to participants registering for RPL (recognition of prior learning)
- Participants will have access to student support services via phone, email, and SMS from Monday to Friday during business hours
- Access to a trainer and assessor via phone, email, and SMS 5 days per week, Monday to Friday during business hour
- Computer or laptop
- Stable internet connection
- An email account
- A phone
- Microsoft Office Suite version 2013 or later
- Recording device such as a mobile phone/video recorder
- Access to at least 3 people to help you demonstrate your ability to interact with others during course projects (Not required for RPL)
- RPL students only: Be able to provide at least 2 professional referees to validate previous roles, projects and work experience
The Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) CPC40110 requires the completion of 16 units comprising of 13 core units and 3 electives:
About Techskill Academy
Techskill Academy is a fully licensed and Registered Training Organisation (Provider License 45055). With a combined 50+ years of industry experience, Techskill Academy is committed to helping you improve your career and business outcomes through RPL and a list of high demand nationally accredited courses.
Why Techskill Academy?
Techskill Academy is an Experienced Industry Professional
Nominated for Telstra Business of the Year 2020
All programs are written and contextualised by industry experts and meet current industry standards
First-class documented work-flow system supporting your learning journey
One of the most price competitive registered training providers in the country
Techskill Academy is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO#45055)